Looking for Callicarpa Japonica(Japanese Beauty berry) cuttings and plants

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
Lately I’ve been trying to find Japanese beautyberry online and can never find any. I have 3 or 4 ish seedlings but I’m in love . There is only one online shop that is selling them for $22 but $51 with shipping . I was wondering where other people go to find their species or if most people just wait . So is there anyone I can talk to , to buy them off of ?

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
One is on eBay right now.
Omg thanks for letting me know ! Hopefully no one else bids and I will probably get this !

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Omg thanks for letting me know ! Hopefully no one else bids and I will probably get this !
I actually thought about getting it. I have 3 other varieties. But I felt your need is greater than mine. I really hope you get it my friend. You've got 12 hours left. If you can't place a last minute bid use Auction Sniper. I use it all the time.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I actually thought about getting it. I have 3 other varieties. But I felt your need is greater than mine. I really hope you get it my friend. You've got 12 hours left. If you can't place a last minute bid use Auction Sniper. I use it all the time.
Well thanks and I’m definitely gonna bid on this tonight. I will let you know if I get it

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Oh man, I've been looking for one of these, thx!

Bad news, I've got deep pockets...

Good news, I have alligator arms!

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
@penumbra well thanks so much and I got it . $28 with shipping is pretty good since I know people sell little few inch seedlings for $20 ! I will show it when it comes in .

Asymetrix

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not sure what nurseries are like in your area but around me they all seem to stock calicarpa in abundance. They are also very easy to root from cuttings if you can find a plant to snip a few. Worth checking the garden centers though. I even saw them at lowes this year.

Good luck.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@penumbra well thanks so much and I got it . $28 with shipping is pretty good since I know people sell little few inch seedlings for $20 ! I will show it when it comes in .
Way to go!
Not sure what nurseries are like in your area but around me they all seem to stock calicarpa in abundance. They are also very easy to root from cuttings if you can find a plant to snip a few. Worth checking the garden centers though. I even saw them at lowes this year.

Good luck.
The calicarpa the op was looking for is hard to find. I have 3 types but I don't have japonica.
He's happy ... got one on eBay.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score

Good luck.
Yeah Callicarpa is common at nursery’s , but Callicarpa Japonica isn’t ! Other types have bigger leafs , berrys , and characteristics that I don’t want for bonsai . Also famous and high quality beautyberry bonsai are Japonica Callicarpa! So I just wanna grow a lot of cuttings of this kind to develop and maybe sell a few !

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
I have two Callicarpa dichotoma, one with purple berries and one with white. The white is new so I haven't seen the berries yet. I believe these are smaller than the japonica even. Much smaller than the americana variety. These are the easies plants I have to propagate. 100% success rate and root rapidly.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I have two Callicarpa dichotoma, one with purple berries and one with white. The white is new so I haven't seen the berries yet. I believe these are smaller than the japonica even. Much smaller than the americana variety. These are the easies plants I have to propagate. 100% success rate and root rapidly.
Nice dichotoma was my backup plan but if I make cuttings from Japonica I can get more money ! Nice having material that’s more rare than a basic shrub. Also I’m not an expert but some Japonica leafs can be bigger or smaller than dichotoma is what I read. Can’t wait for mine to come in !

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just repotted 28 rooted cuttings of C.j. None for sale, ...yet.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
Today it has came in ! I watered it and now resting outside ! Do you think I can make cuttings this summer ?

Attachments

• 84694F17-F5BF-4B6F-B63C-6E8631BA480D.jpeg
    84694F17-F5BF-4B6F-B63C-6E8631BA480D.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 34

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
@penumbra
Btw if there is anyone who wants to buy Japanese beautyberry seedlings they are selling at this link

Top Bottom