Looking for elm pre-bonsai (specifically Selju and/or Hokkaido)

EpicBonsai

Seed
Reaction score
Hello everyone… I just joined the group a few minutes ago. Thank you for having me. I look forward to chatting with, possibly meeting, many other bonsai artists everywhere.

My question is this: I’m looking to find, very possibly buy—at the right price—elm pre-bonsai. Chinese and Caitlin are ok, however I much prefer Seiju and Hokkaido, which are virtually impossible to find here in Arizona.

If anyone has any that they’re willing to sell, or if anyone has leads or ideas as to who might have some… Please let me know. I would deeply appreciate it.

Take care of yourself—and your bonsai!

Ryan Miller
EpicBonsai

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah I’ll second evergreen garden works. I received a Yatsubusa, corticosa and Seiju last year that were all in excellent health upon arrival.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The reason there are no epic American Elm bonsai in Japan isn't cuz AE sucks at bonsai.

Welcome to Crazy!

Our Elms, native and introduced are way better for bonsai...and cheap to free, mostly free!

Sorce

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Seiju elm thicken very rapidly when planted in the ground or large pot. Our nursery got a huge shipment of them from Randy Knight. Only 4 years old and admirable/workable trunks. I wouldn't hesitate to grow out young stock. Far as I can tell they put on girth even faster than regular chinese elm. And Randy is in Oregon (I think) so you could really turn a small tree into something fast given your climate. There's always younger(ish) ones on the FB auction, ebay and at evergreen

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
You could also check with Meehan's Miniatures, good people that grow lots of elms for bonsai (and other species)

Top Bottom