looking for ficus microcarpa

tatorger

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am looking for seedling or rooted cuttings of ficus microcarpa, the smaller the better. semi new to bonsai and looking to start something completely from scratch. any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance,
Travis

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
If you lived close enough, I'd say "Come on over!" I'm one of those who find it hard to throw away trimmings when I could root them, and I've got some extra F. microcarpa rooted cuttings.

I suggest Meehan's Miniatures, http://www.meehansminiatures.com. I've been ordering from them for about 15 years, and have yet to be dissatisfied with anything I've bought from them.

Freebird11

Seed
Reaction score
I would add some points for you:

You may also want to put your ficus microcarpa outdoors during the summer months to ensure you are getting enough light, but will have to bring the tree inside once the temperature drops to 55F or less.
Replanting the tree once every three or four years to make sure you stay healthy. The only tree to be replanted during the growth cycle, and once they are transplanted is not exposed to direct sunlight, but keep in partial shade during the first one to two weeks.

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wigert's Bonsai has lots of ficus varieties. They might have some that small. Why not buy a pre-bonsai from Erik Wigert and then you can start your own cuttings. I bought a Green Island from him recently for $25 and it is a great value. It is in 8 inch bulb pot and the trunk is about 1". Very healthy plant that would yield dozens of cuttings.

Top Bottom