Looking for identification…

HOVA

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I’m curious if anyone can help on the maker of this?

A buddy got a bunch of similar ones from an elderly lady who said she got them at a yard sale in the 80’s and the seller said they were from a Chinese maker that went out of business. He’s got a pile of them and nine are perfect but he’s not sure if they’re worth $50 or $500 LOL

IMG_9161.jpegView attachment 490372IMG_9162.jpegIMG_9160.png

Attachments

• IMG_9164.jpeg
    IMG_9164.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9163.jpeg
    IMG_9163.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 4

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
They are definitely worth more then $50. If they were mine I would figure out their price either by doing research as well as appraiser’s who specialize in ceramics.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Taken from the bonsai pot identification Facebook group:

If you use Facebook, you can post it there - but do your due diligence searching the databases first before asking for help.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They're most likely Chinese, possibly Yixing. I've seen a few pots like these, some large some small. Sold at garden centers. Not worth a fortune, probably a hundred or so retail. These are cascade pots and not easy to use with non-cascade bonsai. Because of their height, they're also a problem to water. The top of the soil column can dry out fast, while the bottom stays soggy. They will also blow over easily in the wind, if the plant in them is tall enough to act as a lever.

Top Bottom