Looking for Japanese black pine in Europe

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hi! I'm looking for a Japanese black pine bonsai/prebonsai for up to 200€ in Germany or that can be shipped here. Till now I've found:
And
Does any of them look like good starter material?
Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks everyone!

Sn0W

Shohin
Reaction score
Don't search for bonsai material, search for garden material from a nursery / garden centre. You can get trunks triple that size or more for that price if you aren't buying "bonsai"

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maarten has a few. His shop is one of the high end ones in the Netherlands.

Juanmi

Mame
Reaction score
I agree with Sn0W.
Of course, if you can afford it, buying bonsai / pre-bonsai material might be a bit easier to work with, but they are a little overprized.
Last week I just found (and purchased) a little red pine for 25€ here in France.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These certainly overpriced. As suggested keep looking for better deal with bigger trunk. JBP common as weeds once sources found.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
Hello ,
I have always been amazed by the excessive prices charged for black pines in Europe, given the relatively low quality of the trees offered.
I think it is a variety overpriced in bonsai (excessive average price compared to the quality of the trees on sale).

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello ,
I have always been amazed by the excessive prices charged for black pines in Europe, given the relatively low quality of the trees offered.
I think it is a variety overpriced in bonsai (excessive average price compared to the quality of the trees on sale).
true. But untill someone decides to grow these for bonsai at a large scale, there just is nothing better on offer

Top Bottom