Looking for Kikuwa bonsai jack WTB

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
FWIW this is what I use.

file_zps14d3cb0c.jpg

I have three of those, under 30 dollars each when I bought them. They work out ok for me because if I need them the tree is strapped down to a pallet and I have 5 foot on each side to work with. They are VERY well made.

Grimmy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I bought one today as I needed it during a workshop with Mauro Stemburger. Call Vicky at House of Bonsai in Lakewood California. 562-804-6888. Te medium size is 70, the large is 80 I think. The medium would work for most things that's what I bought for a large tree I was bending a 5 inch trunk on. I'm sure she can give you the sizes if you call. Worked perfectly its all steel.

Thanks, checked the website but none was listed. I will give them a call. .

Wow 5" trunk? :eek: I would love to see that. Please post before and after pics!!! :)

Last edited:

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hard to see how big a bend it was in the picture since I changed the angle. We didnt style the foliage at all as I repotted this tree after the big bend and Shari work. Next year I will graft the whole tree with itoigawa or Kishu. With future plans to remove the variegated foliage all together.

On the back of the trunk we'd also carved a Shari. That Shari cracked a bit which is ok as it was between the 2 live wood veins. If we hasn't carved the channel for the Shari the whole trunk could have snapped. This was all done without rafia.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I bought one today as I needed it during a workshop with Mauro Stemburger. Call Vicky at House of Bonsai in Lakewood California. 562-804-6888. Te medium size is 70, the large is 80 I think. The medium would work for most things that's what I bought for a large tree I was bending a 5 inch trunk on. I'm sure she can give you the sizes if you call. Worked perfectly its all steel.

Ben,

I emailed them but got no response. Called but no one is answering the phone either. :( Before I pursue this more can you please post a picture of your jack if possible?

Thank you. :)

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Sure i'll snap one tonight when i'm home from work in a couple hours. Did you call 5628046888?

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Here's a pic

It's the smaller of the two she has.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 38

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks!

Looks very solid and nicely done. My only concern is that this doesn't have the "expansion" option.

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yep I see that now that I see its pic next to yours. Definitely solid and well built though this one ships last a lifetime.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I asked a coworker (who welds) today if she can build me one. She is looking into it if she can take it on.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Will the large be too big to work with small trees?

Top Bottom