looking for local bonsai enthusiast

shanequin83

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I live in Rossford, Ohio. Im just asking to see if there is anyone on this forum that lives in or near Toledo.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sorry I don't live near you but Dale Cochoy may live near you... he at least live in Ohio ....

I wanted to say "good on you" for taking the initiative to ask.... this is a step many people never get the courage to ask....

any one near Shane (im assuming that is your first name) speak up... even if you just know someone close by...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I live SE of columbus by about 25 miles or so. I know there was a guy that had a place called Greg's house of bonsai up that way at one time. He may still be there, I've heard ifffy things about his business though. You can check out the bonsai den- that's up in canton. Unfortunately for all of us in ohio Dale Cohchoy doesn't have a storefront anymore, but he still sells pots at shows. You may be able to find him through the Bonsai den...
Ohio isn't exactly a hotbed for Bonsai...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ohio listings of bonsai clubs from the American Bonsai Society:
Ohio

OHIO - Akron-Canton

Akron-Canton Bonsai Society meets on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm. at the Cuyahoga Valley Art Center, 2131 Front Street in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio -- On the Mall in downtown Cuyahoga Falls, just south of Portage Trail, near Rt. 8. You can also see pictures from our recent shows, club events, workshops and demos at http://picasaweb.google.com/akroncantonbonsai For more information and a recent newsletter, contact akroncantonbonsai@gmail.com .

OHIO - Cincinnati

Bonsai Society of Greater Cincinnati. Meets at Civic Garden Center, 2715 Reading Rd., third Thursday, except December and January, 7:30 PM. Website: http://cincinnatibonsai.com Contact: Tom McCormack, 10931 Allenhurst Blvd. E., Cincinnati, OH 45241; (513)563 0473; . Annual show - summer - Civic Zoo; fall show at Krohn Conservatory

OHIO - Cleveland

Cleveland Bonsai Club. Meets at the Cleveland-Rockefeller Park Greenhouse, 750 E. 88th St. of Martin Luther Kind Blvd., Cleveland, OH , the fourth Saturday of the month 9:30 am to noon. The Cleveland Bonsai Club is one of the oldest Bonsai clubs in the US, having been founded in 1956, and having more than 120 full time members. A very prestigious club with many tremendously talented members. Contact Dale Harder, by phone: (440) 888-2163 after 5:30 pm EST or by e-mail: dale@hhr-lasers.com

OHIO - Columbus

Columbus Bonsai Society. Meets at Franklin Park Conservatory, 1777 East Broad St.,3rd Sunday of each month at 2:00pm. Contact: Mark Passerrello, 438 Mainsail Drive, Wesetrville, Oh 43081, Phone: 614-890-1995 or E-mail . Monthly meetings usually feature workshops, lecture/demo or other organized program. Annual show in June. September meeting is picinic/field trip, December meeting is Yera End/Holiday dinner-these meetings held off site, all other meetings are at Franklin Park Conservatory. Website

OHIO - Dayton

Bonsai Dayton meets at the OSU Extension Office in Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 1001 S. Mailn Street, 3rd Wednesday except July and August at 6:30 PM. Our meeting times may change if we share speakers with another club. Send an e-mail to get on the free e-mail newsletter distribution list. Contact: John Porterfield, (937) 325-9624 or by E-mail.

OHIO - Newark

Pun Ching Bonsai Club meets at The Dawes Arboretum, 7770 Jacksontown Rd., SE, Newark, OH 43056, third Tuesday (consult agenda for addtions or changes) at 7:00pm. Contact: Jeff Carr (740) 323-2355. Send an email to get the current agenda, come and join us explore the exciting hobby of Bonsai.Email: jcarr@staselwoodbonsai.com

OHIO - Sandusky

Sandusky Bonsai Club. Meets at 306 Wayne St., first Tuesday, except January, 7:30 PM. Send mail to Parkview Barber Shop, 306 Wayne St., Sandusky, OH 44870, or call Paulette Grahl, (419) 626-2703.

OHIO - Willoughby

Ohio Great Lakes Bonsai Society. Meets 2nd Saturday of each month. Contact Albert Vlasar, 5278A Liberty Lane, Willoughby, OH 44094 Phone: (440)585 4867

Top Bottom