Looking for Monterey cypress 2-3'

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Looking for Monterey cypress 2-3'

If anyone knows of a good pre-bonsai source, let me know. Otherwise nursery stock is fine but I don't want the 6" sprouts but something a little lankier.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Eric Schrader has some amazing examples grown from seed. It’s possible he has a few for sale.

Here’s one of his. Great piece. IMO.
A70F8053-27D6-40F8-86FE-19FB12C88920.jpeg

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I can send you some seeds next year, I have one in my backyard.
Next time Im at lone pines I can look as well.

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
@Eric Schrader has some amazing examples grown from seed. It’s possible he has a few for sale.

Here’s one of his. Great piece. IMO.
View attachment 387730
Just did a YouTube video about that tree. Check it out here:

I am not actively selling Monterey cypress, however I have about 20 of them in 1 gallon containers that have been wired to be medium size bonsai and are growing out.
@Bonsai Nut if you want one i'll sell you one for reasonable cost plus shipping. Otherwise NFS yet.
I just learned that they are susceptible to root aphids, which explains why three of my died young ones died, an possibly why two of my older ones have lost some branches...

E.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I am not actively selling Monterey cypress, however I have about 20 of them in 1 gallon containers that have been wired to be medium size bonsai and are growing out.
@Bonsai Nut if you want one i'll sell you one for reasonable cost plus shipping. Otherwise NFS yet.
I just learned that they are susceptible to root aphids, which explains why three of my died young ones died, an possibly why two of my older ones have lost some branches...

E.
Thanks for the response Eric. I watched this one and in general I’ve been really enjoying all of your videos. I’m DannyHartDesignstudio on Instagram and commented on one of your upright junipers the other day. Love your aesthetic.

Alcaviator

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

E.
What would you sell one for?

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
What would you sell one for?
At the moment I'm hanging onto these 1-gallon three year olds to work on further developing them prior to selling.
I plan to start more Cypress (Hesperocyparis macrocarpa) after collecting seed in the coming months. The trees in San Francisco are covered in cones right now, but the seed isn't ripe yet.

Top Bottom