Looking for portulicaria jade cuttings

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I don't know what Medio-picta are and am too lazy on a Sunday evening to look it up. But I have a variegated p.afra that needs a serious trim and can get you lots of cuttings, if you're interested. I also could trim up my cork bark and get you a few.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Here is the tree/plant in question. It's obviously been neglected and will lose most of it's branches. I do like the trunk and of course the pot @sorce . Let me know if you want some, I probably won't get around to the butchering until next weekend.p.afra sorce pot.jpgp afra mess.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
i like the shape of that trunk and leaves look great, id love some cuttings.

if you do decide to trim your cork bark id love cuttings from that
Sure, I'll get you some of both. Do you want them rooted or not? Drying out for a couple of days in the mail won't hurt them unrooted. I just use cactus /succulent soil for mine. Rooted will take a bit longer, up to you. P.M. me your name an address and I'll get them to you.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Here is the tree/plant in question. It's obviously been neglected and will lose most of it's branches. I do like the trunk and of course the pot @sorce . Let me know if you want some, I probably won't get around to the butchering until next weekend.View attachment 388246View attachment 388245
Do you have a picture of the cork bark, too? I'm interested in seeing it. I have a variegated one and I found a fairly large cork bark at the nursery a while back, but I didn't have the budget for it.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the cork bark, too? I'm interested in seeing it. I have a variegated one and I found a fairly large cork bark at the nursery a while back, but I didn't have the budget for it.
I'll try and remember to take a picture when I get home. It's just a cutting itself, but it grows fast and responds well to pruning.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Here is a sloppy picture of a twin trunk one I’m working on right now (since we are chatting about it). Got mealy bugs this year though.

Attachments

• 5BE51BB6-FEC2-47DA-A966-47A2FA221DC0.jpeg
    5BE51BB6-FEC2-47DA-A966-47A2FA221DC0.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 86
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Carol, you wouldn't by chance have a few more of those laying around do you? I have been having some success with ports and have been looking for some. If not maybe the next time its due for a trim. Thanks in advance.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Carol, you wouldn't by chance have a few more of those laying around do you? I have been having some success with ports and have been looking for some. If not maybe the next time its due for a trim. Thanks in advance.
I might have a couple of straggly bits laying around, I'll let you know. I pretty much butchered the mother plant, but it's starting to sprout a few leaves.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thanks Carol, appreciate it. I will pay for shipping though, I insist.
Not necessary, they are very light and shipping will be cheap. No worries. Let's see what I can get put together this weekend.

Top Bottom