Looking for Redbud seeds.

RyanSA

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I am looking for fresh cercis canadensis or redbud seeds. Have a few seeds to reciprocate with.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do they sell redbud there?

Any around?

I planted some collected seed, I think it sprouted fall of 2018 and grew to about a foot and a half this year, with some good low budding.
Kinda half ass sprouted In the side of a cut down pond basket, it has been torn from rooting on the ground twice.

I'm excited to have it.

I hope you can find some.

Sorce

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I have a redbud tree in my yard but the leaves are quite large. Is this what you are looking for or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am looking for fresh cercis canadensis or redbud seeds. Have a few seeds to reciprocate with.

We have red buds all over here in Maryland they are native trees. The leaves in my opinion are just to large for bonsai and I don't believe they will reduce in size. I do think they would look superb when in flower though.

Do you think the seeds would clear customs on your end?

RyanSA

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
We have red buds all over here in Maryland they are native trees. The leaves in my opinion are just to large for bonsai and I don't believe they will reduce in size. I do think they would look superb when in flower though.

Do you think the seeds would clear customs on your end?
Wow. Yes they are gorgeous when flowering. I just have to have one. Thanks Pitoon, I ordered locally..

Jzack605

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
My parents have two Eastern Redbuds that were recently shaped. They kind of took some time to recover but many of the leaves remained small season long, so I think it’s possible to reduce them.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Here's one we have here right outside the building at work. Note the pea shaped pods that hold the seeds. They are really nice trees especially when in bloom.

Attachments

• 20191107_105151.jpg
    20191107_105151.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 8

AJL

Chumono
Reaction score
I dont know about the American Cercis but the Judas Tree Cercis siliquastrum from Southern Europe and Western Asia is similar- Its more commonly grown here in UK and It also has beautiful pink edible flowers!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I dont know about the American Cercis but the Judas Tree Cercis siliquastrum from Southern Europe and Western Asia is similar- Its more commonly grown here in UK and It also has beautiful pink edible flowers!

Yes, when I was stationed in Italy we had them all around. I've seen both, they look almost identical.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Interesting to learn of this species, thanks.

C. canadensis, native and found wild here predominantly as a forest edge species also has edible flowers. I love these trees.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't know about redbud seeds but I can hook you up with some toxic green bud seeds.

Top Bottom