Looking for threads about developing Trident maple...?

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When I put "developing trident" into the search bar, I get one thread... 🤨
I know there's lots of threads here, but how do I get to them...other than scrolling back?
Or better still...does anybody have some links handy...PLZ 🙏
I'm specifically interested in branch and canopy development.

Last edited:

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just look up @Smoke ‘s threads for a very generous amount of Trident maple threads. @Brian Van Fleet has multiple threads on his tridents. @MACH5 has an excellent thread started on a massive trident called piglet. That I believe @JudyB owned?? There are many more on here also, I swear it!

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just look up @Smoke ‘s threads for a very generous amount of Trident maple threads. @Brian Van Fleet has multiple threads on his tridents. @MACH5 has an excellent thread started on a massive trident called piglet. That I believe @JudyB owned?? There are many more on here also, I swear it!
How do you go about looking up threads from them?

zanduh

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
There are a few really wonderful threads that pop up now and again but I happened to have this one open:

Typically when i want to search something I skip the search function and go to google and type “bonsainut trident maple”. this will navigate me to the threads that were most viewed/visited which sometimes corresponds with good info

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

This thread is pure gold

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What Adair said. Marky Scott is also an incredible wealth of info. He’s got another thread on a field grown trident somewhere in here also.

here’s one from BVF

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Sorce

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
And, you need to check out threads by @Smoke , his tridents are worth looking at, and he documents their development better than most on this forum. In his signature line he includes links to his personal blog where there is even more documentation of how he develops tridents. He does good work too, in addition to the others posted above.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have lots to share and there is so much going on in my backyard for the last year. Six layers removed from tridents and J maples. So much progression on material that will be for sale this year.

but....Al is deep in finding a lady and that is what I do for the most part. I have dated about 23 women over the last 7 weeks and things are moving along quite well. Maybe for 2021 I will get back to posting some work as there is a lot to post. Don't worry, as usual, I have taken lots of pictures along the way to document my recovery whenever that happens.

Thanks for the interest...oh, one more thing...starting July 1st I started medicare and finally was able to get back on the meds I ran out of for the year I had no insurance after my semi forced retirement to take care of someone that died. I do feel better and I think I can be back to normal whatever that is. I still feel very strongly about bonsai and will always feel there is a wrong way and a right way and will always defend that feeling...I just won't call you an asshole now...lol!!!

Take care people, the next 90 days will decide the future of the USA, hope you fall on the best side for you, Al out.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I've had a thread going now for a few years on working young tridents... https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/some-trident-seedling.26269/. You're more likely to see what NOT to do with trident seedlings there... you've been warned;). Fwiw, I think anyone who can grow tridents from seed should start... they are so much fun to grow and play with!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here is the start of Piglet from when I got it.
And a thread that has more detail that I started later for it.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you everybody. Yeah I have a few. All grown from seed. Some are going back in the ground and others I have to start developing. Funny thing is i've only concentrated on learning how to grow trunks up to now. I kinda feel like i'm starting over again...moving on but starting again...know what I mean ? 🤪
Ah, best of luck and i'm looking forward to meet the new @Smoke ;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
.I just won't call you an asshole now..

Taking the fun out of everything!

But seriously....

Don't know who convinced you it's not ok to call someone an asshole, but they might be wrong!

Just saying.....

I don't know who charges for the real advice like @fredman got for his alternative medicine, but just because it's easier for the companies to charge you for things.... doesn't necessarily mean that's what is best for you.

Cheers Ovened Friend.

Sorce

Top Bottom