Looking for Virginiana persimmon, will trade princess persimmon etc

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking for nice FEMALE Virginiana persimmon bonsai material (I own a male). I currently have no females so I'm open to anything.

Will trade equal bonsai value princess persimmon specimen, or pots, or other trees. Please PM me. Thanks

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Would you like me to try some air layers for you? I have several trees close by that are HEAVY producers. Not really bonsai material, more like bonsai-ish material.

Kullas

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will have lots of seeds this year if you are Interested.

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Would you like me to try some air layers for you? I have several trees close by that are HEAVY producers. Not really bonsai material, more like bonsai-ish material.
Thanks! Only if you want to try. Persimmon are not easy to air layer.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There's a tree I know of at a local park. Seedlings everywhere however gender on the seedlings are unknown. The mother tree produces good fruit. Next time I'm there I'll see if there's any old fruit on the ground to collect the seeds.

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Bumping because its winter! I have some massive princess persimmons for trade. Nobody has collected trunks of Virginiana in the wild?

HardBall

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey now! Hi Nao! I have a yard full of large trees with lots of volunteers. Is there a way to sex them when they are young? How soon do they begin producing fruit? Would love to connect with you anyway cuz cool pots...

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Hey now! Hi Nao! I have a yard full of large trees with lots of volunteers. Is there a way to sex them when they are young? How soon do they begin producing fruit? Would love to connect with you anyway cuz cool pots...
I will DM you, but Virginiana flowers pretty soon, I have seen maybe 3-4 years

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll be doing some collecting this winter/spring in Persimmon country. I'll be on the lookout! I've heard people say they are difficult to transplant - we shall see.

Ninecloud

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Last edited:
Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
Hey all, I'm looking for nice FEMALE Virginiana persimmon bonsai material (I own a male). I currently have no females so I'm open to anything.

Will trade equal bonsai value princess persimmon specimen, or pots, or other trees. Please PM me. Thanks
I thought I saw some @JEads Left Coast Bonsai, but I might’ve been daydreaming. I get disoriented there.
It was nice meeting you at the holiday party, hopefully not too awkward ☺️
Those crabapples, of @Sansokuu, you brought for the auction were the cutest! Unfortunately, all my salary went to children's christmas presents 😭 🎄
I hope they will make another appearance 🙏

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
How old/big do you want Nao?

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Maybe I should've asked the opposite question. How small is worth bothering for you?

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
I've got access to seedlings, but I'm looking for big trunks. I've got massive princess persimmon trunks 2-3" I'm willing to trade for a like size Virginia

Top Bottom