Looking to buy a deciduous raft... (USA location)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My budget...is $800 but negotiable.
Must winter in cold greenhouse temps kept 32-35F.
Base to have some unique feature to draw the viewer in.

Anyone have a lead, that I can follow up on...that too would be appreciated.

~Thanks in advance.
Darlene

Last edited:

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Have you considered starting one on a nice piece of raw stock or pre bonsai , then Building a box for it?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Have you considered starting one on a nice piece of raw stock or pre bonsai , then Building a box for it?
I've got Jason Schley looking into possible material to do so...Shared maybe your image as to an ideal movement if possible. Not sure of the owner of that thread. I don't come here really any more. I also reached out to Scott Lee, who has nothing. But he's got feelers out for rafts. I want something...with character...and I love scars. So...Jason said he may have something. Waiting on images...but thought hey...people here may have some contact. Scott really recommends finding material already started because of the time it takes to develop a deciduous tree.

Edit: It was a poster named Johnny something or other had made a raft thread. Got me thinking again on how I love rafts...and don't own any.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Material found... I had thought to leave this thread open. In case another one found its way to my bench. But one just reached out about raft material...I'm content apparently. I even passed on an image.

So consider this post closed.
Awesome!! Update w photos when able to .. I’m collecting a natural raft my self today

Top Bottom