Looking to purchase Masakuni copper watering cans and nozzles

pheezy

Seed
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me find Masakuni copper watering cans or their nozzles please?

I have two cans and need to get new nozzles.

I may be in the market for a new can or two, as well.

I'm looking for shipping to Portland, OR, United States

Thank you,
Evan Cordes

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I tried google...and had no luck. Sorry.

I will say, upon advice from a friend. I picked up the black professional long handled Haws. Man is it wicked sweet.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
I see the Negishi cans on eBay but they are pushing $500

Wood

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I tried google...and had no luck. Sorry.

I will say, upon advice from a friend. I picked up the black professional long handled Haws. Man is it wicked sweet.

I really like mine. Minor complaint is that the included spout is kinda a deluge of water that empties the can in seconds. In a normal garden I'm sure it'd be fine, but I've got an apartment balcony and the water goes everywhere. I've fitted a plastic nozzle onto mine for a more controlled spray

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
You can't compare the nozzle (rose) of the copper watering cans with those of the Haws watering cans.
The copper ones have a very controlled waterflow and are far better for watering bonsai pots (IMO).

I have two Haws watering cans (The Warley Fall long reach 2 gallon / The Cradley Deluxe 1.5 gallon) and a Negishi copper long necked watering can no.6.
You really can't compare those because they are way different when we talk about the waterflow.
I use the copper can for fine detailed watering and the Haws cans for larger area watering.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I really like mine. Minor complaint is that the included spout is kinda a deluge of water that empties the can in seconds. In a normal garden I'm sure it'd be fine, but I've got an apartment balcony and the water goes everywhere. I've fitted a plastic nozzle onto mine for a more controlled spray
Peculiar...I absolutely love mine. I have come to haul buckets of water to the greenhouse to fill my Haws than using my battery pack watering system. The spray covers a large area. I can easily control the flow...and my watering time is shortened emensly. I absolutely am in love with the way it waters...and does not disturb my substrate.

I guess it's a preference thing. I've found no need to alter mine.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You can't compare the nozzle (rose) of the copper watering cans with those of the Haws watering cans.
The copper ones have a very controlled waterflow and are far better for watering bonsai pots (IMO).

I have two Haws watering cans (The Warley Fall long reach 2 gallon / The Cradley Deluxe 1.5 gallon) and a Negishi copper long necked watering can no.6.
You really can't compare those because they are way different when we talk about the waterflow.
I use the copper can for fine detailed watering and the Haws cans for larger area watering.
I've also a smaller Haws copper. Yes...for indoors. Night and day difference. But watering a greenhouse full of trees. The big can is ideal! That copper thing would take forever and a day.

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
For my normal indoor plants I also have a copper Haws can (1L) without a rose which I got as a birthday present 2 years ago.
The waterflow is very controlled and it is my best indoor watering can by far.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
For my normal indoor plants I also have a copper Haws can (1L) without a rose which I got as a birthday present 2 years ago.
The waterflow is very controlled and it is my best indoor watering can by far.
Both my Haws...have a rose. The copper one is definitely an indoor tool.

That said...the larger one was a game changer. I am absolutely in love with how well it works. I wish I had added it years ago to be honest. I'll be using it to fertilize this year.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Dramm all day! (Although I've never used the others... I WOULD :) )

DRAMM stuff has always, personally proven a good middle ground of price and engineering..

Aaaaaand (to me) it's local..... AAAAND I get a discount, or free "tester equipment/fert"...

OP... I also searched for those copper cans, to attempt to be helpful.

But only found the Ebay listings previously mentioned.

🤓

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

🤪 seems I did.

Agreed...my Haws copper watering can is for indoor. But...I'm so in love with that bigger watering can. I think everyone should know about it. 🤣🙃

Gotta love me... or not. 🙃 life's to short to sweat the smalls.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have had Haws, Japanese copper, etc. cans. Not a fan of the cost, not functionality. I want to get watering done, effectively and efficiently. If you have more than five trees, watering cans are simply a pain in the A@#...

Been using this 500 mm Masakuni copper wand for a couple of seasons now, after I was converted from a skeptic. Best watering apparatus I've used, hands down, in the last 25 years. Fine, dense water flow from teh rose that will not wash soil away, which is a central problem with "fine" roses on those Haws and other Western watering cans (which are designed for flower gardens and potted plants, not the shallow containers used in bonsai)//

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Have had Haws, Japanese copper, etc. cans. Not a fan of the cost, not functionality. I want to get watering done, effectively and efficiently. If you have more than five trees, watering cans are simply a pain in the A@#...

Been using this 500 mm Masakuni copper wand for a couple of seasons now, after I was converted from a skeptic. Best watering apparatus I've used, hands down, in the last 25 years. Fine, dense water flow from teh rose that will not wash soil away, which is a central problem with "fine" roses on those Haws and other Western watering cans (which are designed for flower gardens and potted plants, not the shallow containers used in bonsai)//
I've a Masaukuni wand...came across it when I did a private lesson with Adam Lavigne. Evan was generous to open his house to me so I could have that lesson. He had one. It is amazing...that said. Watering cans do come in handy for certain instances.

My hose is inoperable in winter. I actually bought the bigger Haws...to follow a regiment fertilizer program that a friend in the UK does. He soaks his BioGold into a liquid fert..then pours it into the haws watering can to distribute. Thus...that can is golden. I can follow his regiment and get rid of those ugly tea bags we use.

My watering can doesn't move my substrate at all. Maybe it's how I allow the water to flow...I'm a two hander...and I control it not going out overly fast.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've a Masaukuni wand...came across it when I did a private lesson with Adam Lavigne. Evan was generous to open his house to me so I could have that lesson. He had one. It is amazing...that said. Watering cans do come in handy for certain instances.

My hose is inoperable in winter. I actually bought the bigger Haws...to follow a regiment fertilizer program that a friend in the UK does. He soaks his BioGold into a liquid fert..then pours it into the haws watering can to distribute. Thus...that can is golden. I can follow his regiment and get rid of those ugly tea bags we use.

My watering can doesn't move my substrate at all. Maybe it's how I allow the water to flow...I'm a two hander...and I control it not going out overly fast.
I still have a 2 1/2 gallon Haws watering can. I use it for fertilizing trees. I don't have to water trees in the winter, so the wand gets stored inside--a VERY important point, since if left out in freezing weather still attached to a hose and full of water, it will split and burst from the expanding freezing water. Had that happen with cheaper Japanese wands.

I have over a dozen very large and large trees. Watering them all with a can is a lot of work. Some trees take an entire two gallons (which weighs 16 lbs) to get adequately watered, particularly in late spring/early summer.

Top Bottom