Loropetalum leaves going green???

Reaction score
Hi iv had a lot of help of here and been told to put my Loropetalum outside so I have but some of its leaves are turning green is that ok? ??

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Are that new leaves? Seeing ur location i think that might be a problem. But i don't know enough about that plant.

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
Loropetalum has so many cultivars. "Blush" is the one that has a lot of green leaves, others, just more red than green, with all sorts of names "plum delight", "rubrum" etc. etc. To be honest, I can't tell them apart.

onlyrey

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I've seen landscape plants having the same effect (some branches w/ green leaves). I don't know if it is a seasonal thing, or the same effect you see on varigated plants that get a few branches reverting to green leaves. If that is the case, you can use it to get some nice effect, or trim accordongly to leave the color you want.

Reaction score
I've seen landscape plants having the same effect (some branches w/ green leaves). I don't know if it is a seasonal thing, or the same effect you see on varigated plants that get a few branches reverting to green leaves. If that is the case, you can use it to get some nice effect, or trim accordongly to leave the color you want.
yeah i could but at the minute im just trying to keep it alive and get its trunk bigger

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've had them for years and they're like Nandina with their leaf color. Plants can have all green, all red or a mix of both. The amount of sun, shade, water and nutrients influences their color. Fuller/more sun tends to keep them more red. If you haven't already done so and you want the trunk to get bigger plant it in the ground (full sun) for a few years. If you can't plant it in the ground, find the biggest pot you can and give that a try.

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it had to do with sun and since its coming to winter in England I guess it will start going green.

As for putting it in the ground I can't I live in a flat so When's best it repot it and how easy is it to do

Top Bottom