Lots been going on my way...

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that Darlene, it's hard watching your parents health fail. As someone who has lost both parents, my advice to you would be to spend as much time with him as you can. He will appreciate it while he's here, and you will be glad you did when he's gone.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm really sorry to hear that Darlene, it's hard watching your parents health fail. As someone who has lost both parents, my advice to you would be to spend as much time with him as you can. He will appreciate it while he's here, and you will be glad you did when he's gone.
Thanks Carol...good advice. I think knowing he's the last parent hits the heart strings harder. If that makes sense. last night I got in...and had to water the trees. Was beat, but knew it would be good therapy. Which it was. The ugly black Olive has branches and more buds. And I chuckle at the remarks it brought on a FB group...here also had some good laughs. So I am glad the ugly thing is on the bench...for it humours me.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sorry to hear all this Darlene. When it rains it pours! Hang in there and I wish all my best to your dad. Hope the rest of the family is doing better now.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sorry to hear all this Darlene. When it rains it pours! Hang in there and I wish all my best to your dad. Hope the rest of the family is doing better now.
Thanks Sergio...my health is good...and one has to count their blessings. My dad is 80...I am so blessed... To claim he's reached that age. They don't give him much more time...they really can't do much. It's harder to get the water off. And it's going to come to the point they won't be able to. SUCKS...I have my weak moments. But know we are not meant to live forever on this round rock we call home. Having faith...gives us hope of tomorrow. Thanks for your kind words.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If he has all his memories, and is in mental health, I think that it’s preferable than the slow death of altzheimers. My dad is in a fog and it’s like watching an apple rot in slow motion. I would prefer the faster route for all of us. Not to diminish your feelings, or change the narrative, but I feel you.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If he has all his memories, and is in mental health, I think that it’s preferable than the slow death of altzheimers. My dad is in a fog and it’s like watching an apple rot in slow motion. I would prefer the faster route for all of us. Not to diminish your feelings, or change the narrative, but I feel you.
So sorry to hear that Judy. No...my dad's brother passed of the same fate your father is going through, that is very difficult. (((hugs))) I am sorry your family is facing the path your on. But thank you for bringing clarity to my situation with my dad. We do have that...and it is something I had taken for granted.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Taking a leave for a bit...I can't handle this crap. I come here for a reprieve and end up putting two on ignore because they lose the importance of a member possibly losing their trees...from the hurricane. Run off on a political tangent of paper towels and toilet paper. I'm a bit raw anyways...picked up my dad's ashes yesterday. Its harder grasping both parents are gone. Today I finish cleaning out his man cave/office. I came here for a distraction to only find my raw emotions can not handle it. This is not a reprieve...just fueled my anger in the grief I am feeling. Watching my dad the last four days of his life was a pure hellish nightmare...and I can't take the bull crap of insensitive lugs. Had I not been so raw...maybe it wouldn't have pissed me off so. So, I am taking a leave for a bit...until I can come here and not feel I have to fight my feelings and come across as mean or a crazy.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sorry to hear this. I know it's difficult but that's how it goes. We're not here forever. Now we can keep our beloved ones in memories. I'm pleased every time I meet my father in my dreams. Keep strong, you're strong.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Taking a leave for a bit...I can't handle this crap. I come here for a reprieve and end up putting two on ignore because they lose the importance of a member possibly losing their trees...from the hurricane. Run off on a political tangent of paper towels and toilet paper. I'm a bit raw anyways...picked up my dad's ashes yesterday. Its harder grasping both parents are gone. Today I finish cleaning out his man cave/office. I came here for a distraction to only find my raw emotions can not handle it. This is not a reprieve...just fueled my anger in the grief I am feeling. Watching my dad the last four days of his life was a pure hellish nightmare...and I can't take the bull crap of insensitive lugs. Had I not been so raw...maybe it wouldn't have pissed me off so. So, I am taking a leave for a bit...until I can come here and not feel I have to fight my feelings and come across as mean or a crazy.
I didn't know he had passed, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I'm glad you have such a strong core of support within your family circle and your community. Be well and take care of yourself.

Top Bottom