Lotus bonsai...one I had to have

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Darlene,

pity it has holes, looks like it would need something aquatic.
Perhaps, if you don't curio cabinet,maybe a grass of great beauty.
Beautiful purchase.
You go girl !!!!!!!!!!
Good Day
Anthony

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene,

pity it has holes, looks like it would need something aquatic.
Perhaps, if you don't curio cabinet,maybe a grass of great beauty.
Beautiful purchase.
You go girl !!!!!!!!!!
Good Day
Anthony
Thanks! Lol for a second the hole comment was over my head. I looked closely then the light bulb went off over my head. Right now...it's at the peak of my 7' bench above the lead window so I see it when I walk by.

Was thinking grasses as well...and maybe some low laying accent plant if I can find one which mimics the leaf of a water lily.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kidney leaved butter cup is a native that has a similar leaf. It has a small insignificant yellow flower.

First year garlic mustard. It is a biannual, the first year it is rosette, the second year it bolts and flowers. It is considered a noxious weed and is not supposed to be sold around here.

African violets would be nice if you can find a smaller leaved variety.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Nice little pot there, funnily enough I was looking at a Lotus pot too but I would be terrified of breaking something on it.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice little pot there, funnily enough I was looking at a Lotus pot too but I would be terrified of breaking something on it.
Can't live ones life in fear...accidents do happen. But IF the littlest things bring you joy. Let them shine on...and enjoy them. These are even more impressive in person. I've always admired his work. I must say...I collect frogs so I thought for sure it would be a frog accent pot. But...seen recently photo a showing of his. And this pot or one like it. I thought the pot was above my reach. When I found it for sale...I grabbed it no hesitation. God's favor...in the littlest things. :D

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've not personally seen one to know exactly how large they get but a dwarf reed or dwarf horsetail could work with the wetland image this pot makes. I also like the idea of a plant that resembles a water lily or just a grass. If you do plant in it I'd make it as simple as possible to not take away from the pot which would be the real subject but rather use the plant to accent the pot and play along with the theme.

Top Bottom