Lovely Day in Front Royal, Apri 18th

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad my wife brought in the tropicals. Snowing hard and freeze warning today and tomorrow. All my JM( about 70 or 80) are in full leaf but there is nothing I can do about that.
IMG_6536.JPGIMG_6537.JPG
IMG_6538.JPGIMG_6539.JPG
Next year I am not going to have so many tropicals.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yuck. We had sleet this morning--low was 39...the next two days are going to be a pain here and especially out that way. Nighttime temps here hovering around 35 for the next two nights--which means could dip below freezing and frost. Borderline two step weather...

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So far I'm only getting cold rain here. Low 40s for the high and a 26 forecast low tomorrow night. ugh I've too many to do much but brought in a few and put a bunch of fresh repots in the mulch under the bench by the foundation. shrug I may put some in the garage before tomorrow nights 20s if the forecast don't change. about 20 fresh repots.... one azalea starting to bloom. 80's next weekend. Going boatin:)

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'm right north of you. Had to scramble out to get my tropicals in with the wheelbarrow. Worried about my ground growing plants that have just leafed out :(

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ya it just dipped to 29last night , garage was packed to brim .. everything just went back outside as soon as I finished feeding the pup and taking him out to poop. Hovering around 35 tonight but it’s gon’ rain all night.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Yuck yuck yuck! 27* F tonight. Luckily the plants know better to leaf out. Mother’s Day is usually the safe point for the lilacs and some other early movers to start here in the Twin Cities.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Officially we got 3 inches but I know people who got 5 -6 inches at higher elevations. Shenandoah National Park is closed.
Now they are predicting 28 F for tonight.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW all you folks who think we wimpy easterners are bitching about nothing, the temperatures in the last few days up and down the east coast have been 15-30 degrees below normal. For instance the average high here in N. Va. this time of year is 70 F average low is the mid 40's F. Yesterday it didn't break 40 here. the last big measurable snowstorm in April around N. Va. was back in 1990.

We already had a stretch of warm weather last week into the 80s (My backyard hit 92). EVERYTHING we have leafed out weeks ago, all trees have extremely tender and vulnerable new growth. So yeah, we're bitching because there is a danger we could lose stuff if we don't act.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It was 58 this morning. I feel cold after upper 60s and low 70s mornings. We will hit 90 soon. Can't believe ya'll still have to deal with below freezing.

Top Bottom