Loving Daylight Savings time

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Now I have some time to work on my trees after I get home from work and before it gets dark. Today it was time to chip away at a Bougie that I collected 4 years ago and repotted last year.

Before - all dressed up with nowhere to go

image1.JPG image2.JPG
image3.JPG

ianb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
After initial rough block in carving done and needed to clean up before dark. Has a ways to go yet but it's a good start for an hours work, I'll update this thread as I progress and add more detail.

Is that dandruff?image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice work. Wearing eye protection and a face mask...well done!
I can't see the work close up...but it seems to me that when you step back and look at it again that the area highlighted in this photo needs reduction further. If you removed that part the weathered step-down to the next carve portion seems more natural in the way wood might topple under weather hardships. It feels to dominant right now but that might be attributed to the raw wood image. Just my thought though...what I think When I see in the tree. You might break that off and clean up the breaks or torch them. However, when you clean it all up, remove the fuzz and add details that showcase natures way with the tree....it may be carved just fine. Once your work gets weathered a bit...it's going to look fabulous. Keep the progress photos coming.

Carving is always challenging.....nothing grows back. I like the way that lower portion....closest to the base root area follows the tree's natural deterioration with the grain. The top struggles to follow that grain wear. Keep up the excellent work.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 9

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hell Yeah!

To the time.....
The tree.....
And the outfit!