luck finding stands

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
yesterday, while shopping in an asian grocery store to stock up on yakasoba noodles, I ran across a merchant selling things from china. pottery, precious stones etc. And much to my surprise, some decent tables.
None were priced, which I hate because I'm not gonna ask the price, I want to know what
it is up front so I can either buy it or not. So as I was preparing to walk away, the wife joined me after going thu the check out line and asked what I had found. Pointing to the little table
that stood 3 inches tall and 4 1/2 X four and a half square, she asled what was the price. I answered it wasn't priced. and much to my surprise she looked around found the vendor and asked. He didn't speak english so he with drew his phone and typed in 20. She cleared the phone and typed in 15. he accepted.
So what i learned was, you never know where you might find some decent tables you can use,
some cultures expect to exchange offers on any product, and having a spouse that understand these things doen't hurt either.
I may have to "sneak" back to the same store before the sale ends prepared with the knowledge tht 25% discounts are possible by communicating thru the phone :)

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your wife sounds too much like mine!...lol

Any pictures of the tables?

I must have missed this thread the first time.

Top Bottom