Lunar eclipse tonight (18-19NOV21)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
For those of you not tracking tonight will be a lunar eclipse, the longest partial lunar eclipse in almost 600 years. @penumbra will get so see the penumbra tonight 😁

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We are right outside the edge to see the total eclipse :(
We just need to change our point of view.
I may have posted this on this site before, and if I did, I don't apologize. This was from the Lunar eclipse December 21, 2010 during the Winter Solstice. Its a pretty a penumbra as you can see.
IMG_5773.JPGIMG_5774.JPG

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
So, we should be repotting trees upside down tonight?
The great not-so alignment!
I'm just joking of course. I have a strong opinion on the effects of the moon on plants.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So, we should be repotting trees upside down tonight?
The great not-so alignment!
I'm just joking of course. I have a strong opinion on the effects of the moon on plants.
Many people here on the forum have strong opinions on that. It's best left not to be discussed or the thread could easily spiral into the abyss.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I know @Pitoon . I disagree with them but I believe everyone should have some peace when it comes to celestial bodies, so I'll keep from discussing it here.
Last time my buddy showed someone an eclipse, he got ticketed. The cop car driving by didn't like the two hairy half moons one bit.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
thanks for the reminder... ill set my alarm to watch it

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It's raining here at my location right now. Max coverage at my location is at 0400.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I think they suggested best viewing time here at 1 am. I can't stay up that late on a weeknight, I'm a wuss.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Best viewing time down here is a very civilized 9:15 pm but we have 100% cloud tonight. Not even a glimmer of moon showing through.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think they suggested best viewing time here at 1 am. I can't stay up that late on a weeknight, I'm a wuss.

Yea saw a story about it at 1030 pm, but i was so exhausted that I needed to go to sleep. So I said to hell with the partial eclipse. Ive seen a full a eclipse before so sleep seemed like the better option

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yea saw a story about it at 1030 pm, but i was so exhausted that I needed to go to sleep. So I said to hell with the partial eclipse. Ive seen a full a eclipse before so sleep seemed like the better option
LOL, I debated with myself about waking up early to go out and see it. It wasn't that much earlier than my normal weekday wake up so I did it. I used my son's birding scope to zoom in on it. Completely different look compared to just looking at it with bare eyes. The pic I posted was taken with my phone through the eyepiece on the scope.

Top Bottom