Lynn August

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I don't own any of her stuff, but I've wanted to pick up some accent tiles for some time now. I love her clay color, but I wish she would make ovals as well.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got a better one with a lotta flare that needs a tree.

20190826_172245.jpg

I like the smooth ones.

Sorce

BuckeyeOne

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lovely pot. I genuinely thought it was a torture scene in hell on first inspection. Might be time for bed and some weird assed dreams...
Might want to lay off the meds!!

Her application of the textures are what drew my to her style.

Goodnight!!

BuckeyeOne

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've not seen the Lynn August smooth pots. WOW!
Lynn, if you're listening or if someone has her contact.
Let her know I want!!
Nevermind!! Just messaged her!!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I found the only way to get a Lynn August pot was to hang out at Bonsai Auctions or 99 Cent Bonsai Auctions, and the minute she posts a pot you like, hit the buy it now Price. If you try to wait out the auction for a lower price, someone will BIN before the auction ends. So if you see one, just snap it up, they go fast. Well, her smooth burnished finish pots really go fast. I'm not as big on the rough finish.

Similar or even higher quality than Lynn August, are pots by Karen Schumann, but she is more or less retired right now. She tends to fire very high temp, and has very thin walls for her pots. She does a similar smooth, burnished finish instead of using glazes. But her pots are hard to find, I haven't seen any for sale for a couple years. I did meet her about a year ago, and she said she more or less had retired. Though she was thinking of getting back to work. If you don't stumble into her at the May Bonsai Show at the Chicago Botanic Garden, check at Hidden Gardens for her pots.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love the pot. Nice pick-up, it would look great with something that has real gnarly bark. A real good pine maybe.

Top Bottom