M5 BONSAI WORKS virtual

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
During covid I have been offering professional bonsai consultations and workshops to those interested in developing and elevating their bonsai practice. These sessions are mainly focused on the development and design of deciduous species. All aspects of design and development strategies, the application of timely horticultural techniques and getting the most out of your material are discussed with an added bonus of providing you with sketches to be used as a roadmap to help guide you as you develop your tree(s).

Attached are a couple of sketches that came out from a recent session.

Those interested please PM here for pricing and details. You can also email me at M5BONSAIWORKS@gmail.com

Thank you!
Sergio (MACH5)

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.17.18 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.51.00 AM.jpg

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
During covid I have been offering professional bonsai consultations and workshops to those interested in developing and elevating their bonsai practice. These sessions are mainly focused on the development and design of deciduous species. All aspects of design and development strategies, the application of timely horticultural techniques and getting the most out of your material are discussed with an added bonus of providing you with sketches to be used as a roadmap to help guide you as you develop your tree(s)..

Those interested please PM here for pricing and details. You can also email me at M5BONSAIWORKS@gmail.com
Thanks for your recent online presentation to our club, Puget Sound Bonsai Society, Sergio! We all really appreciated the examples of grafts you use to build up your trees to quality specimens.

cheers
DSD sends

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks for your recent online presentation to our club, Puget Sound Bonsai Society, Sergio! We all really appreciated the examples of grafts you use to build up your trees to quality specimens.

cheers
DSD sends

Hey thanks! I had a great time and you guys were a great audience! Thanks again for the opportunity!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I can also do sketches if you don't want to book a virtual session. I offer two types of artwork. The one I did for @Lars Grimm and a few others is the "high end" digital painting. These feature a lot of detail and can be quite labor intensive. The other type of artwork is the black and white sketches that are still quite useful to envision what to do and where to take the material in question. These are less labor intensive but still nice enough to hang on your walls if you like.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Awesome work, nice work on Bonsai Heresy as well!

Thank you! I am in talks at the moment with Michael and Stone Lantern (publisher) to create products such as signed posters, postcards, t-shirts, etc using some of the book illustrations.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thank you! I am in talks at the moment with Michael and Stone Lantern (publisher) to create products such as signed posters, postcards, t-shirts, etc using some of the book illustrations.
That too! I love my book.
You should try to do a book like peter adams maples.
I bet you have photographic material and diagrams to make an even better book.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
That too! I love my book.
You should try to do a book like peter adams maples.
I bet you have photographic material and diagrams to make an even better book.

Thanks Max and glad you like Michael's book.

The thought has crossed my mind but if I ever did anything I think it would likely be more art-based and less how-to. God knows there are a lot of them already out there! At least me thinks!?

zachkent29

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
+1 for this service! Very much recommended. Those are my oaks pictured above.

It was a great conversation; got some great nuggets of information and some beautiful sketches to guide me going forward!

Thanks again @MACH5 !

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks Max and glad you like Michael's book.

The thought has crossed my mind but if I ever did anything I think it would likely be more art-based and less how-to. God knows there are a lot of them already out there! At least me thinks!?
Maybe... at least you would sell 1 book

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
+1 for this service! Very much recommended. Those are my oaks pictured above.

It was a great conversation; got some great nuggets of information and some beautiful sketches to guide me going forward!

Thanks again @MACH5 !

Was great meeting you Zach. I thought we had a fun and very productive session! Thanks again for the opportunity! 🙏

jeef16

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey Sergio, glad to have stumbled upon your amazing studio and work. I'm new-ish to bonsai and I'm located in the Bergen NJ/Rockland NY area! my sister is also a Pratty alumni like yourself. I'm going to be (part time) taking care of the bonsai collection at The Bonsai Shack in Pomona NY, and I'll be able to work on some really nicely developed material to learn from. I appreciate your approach to the aesthetic of bonsai and I hope to be able to improvement my refinement through some of your teachings

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hey Sergio, glad to have stumbled upon your amazing studio and work. I'm new-ish to bonsai and I'm located in the Bergen NJ/Rockland NY area! my sister is also a Pratty alumni like yourself. I'm going to be (part time) taking care of the bonsai collection at The Bonsai Shack in Pomona NY, and I'll be able to work on some really nicely developed material to learn from. I appreciate your approach to the aesthetic of bonsai and I hope to be able to improvement my refinement through some of your teachings

Hey thanks! Welcome to BNut. What was your sister's major?

Johnny at The Bonsai Shack is a good guy and very passionate about bonsai. He is also quite a character! I was supposed to start a bonsai school at his nursery last year but was all put on hold due to Covid. We are rebooting in spring 2022 and will conduct several courses throughout the year geared mostly towards mid-level to beginning practitioners. Hope to meet you then!

jeef16

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey thanks! Welcome to BNut. What was your sister's major?

Johnny at The Bonsai Shack is a good guy and very passionate about bonsai. He is also quite a character! I was supposed to start a bonsai school at his nursery last year but was all put on hold due to Covid. We are rebooting in spring 2022 and will conduct several courses throughout the year geared mostly towards mid-level to beginning practitioners. Hope to meet you then!
graphic design major, she's doing very well in marketing currently. And pretty cool that you know him as well, I'm glad I found some really great resources so close to me. I hope to get more involved in the local and regional bonsai community, what are some of the popular groups around this area? I saw the Bergen/North NJ bonsai association exists but I wasn't able to find out too much info about it from the web

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
graphic design major, she's doing very well in marketing currently. And pretty cool that you know him as well, I'm glad I found some really great resources so close to me. I hope to get more involved in the local and regional bonsai community, what are some of the popular groups around this area? I saw the Bergen/North NJ bonsai association exists but I wasn't able to find out too much info about it from the web

Nice! I'm glad she was able to go into a creative field and make a good living out of it.

Yes I know Johnny very well. He has a stellar collection of Japanese maples that most came from Suthin. He has entrusted me with those trees to get them back in shape.

I am a member of the Bergen Bonsai Club but honestly I don't have time these days to attend their meetings. It also seems to me that they are a bit stuck in a rut hiring the same pros over and over again. One good club I think that you might like is the Yama-ki club. Johnny I believe is a member there and it looks like they got lots more going on with them. Might be worth a look.

Top Bottom