M5 BONSAI WORKS virtual

jeef16

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice! I'm glad she was able to go into a creative field and make a good living out of it.

Yes I know Johnny very well. He has a stellar collection of Japanese maples that most came from Suthin. He has entrusted me with those trees to get them back in shape.

I am a member of the Bergen Bonsai Club but honestly I don't have time these days to attend their meetings. It also seems to me that they are a bit stuck in a rut hiring the same pros over and over again. One good club I think that you might like is the Yama-ki club. Johnny I believe is a member there and it looks like they got lots more going on with them. Might be worth a look.
thanks I appreciate the tips! Hopefully we'll get to meet in person one day too. I'm starting work for john in april and i'm itching to get my hands on some of his pieces.

jeef16

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice! I'm glad she was able to go into a creative field and make a good living out of it.

Yes I know Johnny very well. He has a stellar collection of Japanese maples that most came from Suthin. He has entrusted me with those trees to get them back in shape.

I am a member of the Bergen Bonsai Club but honestly I don't have time these days to attend their meetings. It also seems to me that they are a bit stuck in a rut hiring the same pros over and over again. One good club I think that you might like is the Yama-ki club. Johnny I believe is a member there and it looks like they got lots more going on with them. Might be worth a look.
also nice to know that John has a lot of experience with maples, I think I'm going to be focusing a lot on maples starting out. I ordered a bunch of trident saplings from Bill Valavanis and I ordered a big 50 pack of red maple saplings from Arborday. I think I'm going to try to make a bunch of twin trunk and clump style red maples to try and compensate for the sometimes long internodes they have

Top Bottom