MABA 2017

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Who's going and what are you signing up for? Or just going casually for the day to see the exhibit?

I'd love to say hi to some bnutters!

I'm registered for Saturday and plan on doing the crabapple workshop plus two critiques

what do you think of the workshop material?

are you putting a tree on display? It'd be fun to see a tree and say "that's blah blah's tree!"

curious to hear your thoughts!

Risco

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just joined bonsainut, but I am going! It's my first ever bonsai convention.

I signed up for both days. I signed up for workshops on Saturday because I wasn't sure if I would get all of Friday off, but it looks like I will. I signed up for the buttonwoods with Mary Madison and the literati with Ken Huth. Both interested me, and both weren't too expensive. I am thinking I would like to do the dwarf jade workshop if I can. I talked to Scott Yelich and it sounds like he has some really nice trees picked out

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cool man, I will be in the crabapple workshop while you are in Ken's. Will be there all of saturday, not sure about friday. maybe i'll poke my head in the buttonwood workshop in the morning and say hi!

Risco

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sounds good! I really was interested in the Crab apple one too, I don't have many flowering trees. Just a bougainvillea. If you see a big guy with a beard and a small man bun, thats me! feel free to come and say hi

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
glad I got in the crabapple workshop...it's the first to fill up! not that much more time to go till MABA!

Risco

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I saw that the crab apple filled up. I was able to switch some things around so I ended up with: Mark Fields Yew, Matt Reel BYOT (buying a Blue Alps Juniper off Mark Fields for this), Mary Madison Button Wood, Mary Madison Bald cyprus. So I will get to hang out with Mary all day Saturday lol. Once I saw the bald cyprus that she collected, I had to switch over.

It will be a great weekend to make new friends and possibly go broke in the Vendor area.

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm not signed up for any workshops but I plan to be there Friday.

Top Bottom