MABS 2016 - April 15-17

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm hoping to go. If I do it will just be for the day to see the exhibit and hit up the sales area.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Will be there. Registered months ago. Looking forward to it.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Too bad we couldn't have a meet up or something. Hard to schedule with the schedule they have(?)

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
True. I think last year someone suggested wearing a name tag that had BNut on it.
True. I think last year someone suggested wearing a name tag that had BNut on it.

Yes last year I had a name tag that had my handle name (MACH5) with BNut underneath so that I could be identified hopefully by other BNuts. People were looking at me like I had 3 heads (wink I only have two) since they could not figure out what my tag said. Unfortunately I did not meet any BNuts other than Brian (Nybonsai12) but had a great time going through the exhibit with him.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Wow, its this weekend. Who is going? What's the best way for B'Nutters to sync up? This is my first time going to MABS, so any tips on how to best experience the event are appreciated. Should I leave my wallet in the car or just have the divorce papers ready to go?

Hope to see you there.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, its this weekend. Who is going? What's the best way for B'Nutters to sync up? This is my first time going to MABS, so any tips on how to best experience the event are appreciated. Should I leave my wallet in the car or just have the divorce papers ready to go?

Hope to see you there.
Divorce papers are the way to go!

I attended one in Pennsylvania 3 or 4 years ago, it was my first big bonsai event and I had a great time. I don't know if they are doing it the same way, but the demonstrators would work on their tree for the standard time (3 hours? can't recall), then they'd go off to finish in a side room while other events continued on the main stage. You could go watch the work in the side rooms, which were usually much less crowded...affording the opportunity to see what was being done up close and personal, ask detailed questions, etc.

Are you doing any workshops?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If you guys want to try again, get a black marker (not a pen) and write: BNut under your name on your name tag so we can ID each other.

Im observing some of the workshops on Friday. I'll probably be floating between Walter Pall's and Bjorns workshops.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Starting to pack for the big 12 mile trip to the MABS show.
One nice thing is that if I forget anything I can just run home and get it

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday). I'll give the marker thing a try. Hope to get to meet some of you at some point.

Top Bottom