Macron's White House Oak vanishes

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The story I read said that it was not skipped only done for photo op purposes and the oak was always going into quarantine. Mr Trump asked to use the tree for the photo. But I guess saying it was confiscated makes for juicy headlines. More fake news....

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Funny story there!

The story I read said that it was not skipped only done for photo op purposes and the oak was always going into quarantine. Mr Trump asked to use the tree for the photo. But I guess saying it was confiscated makes for juicy headlines. More fake news....
This was my first thought as well...
You actually read that somewhere???

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I heard they did a photo op...then tree was to be placed into quarantine. Lol Surprised it took as long as it did for removal...with it making so much news during ground breaking. Gotta love how news gets spiced up with juicy sizzling words. Might not catch the common man's interest to just deliver actual news.

*Reminded me of Al mentioning once small bonsai trees ship to the states from Japan with no certification nor quarantine.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/30/white-house-mystery-where-is-macrons-gifted-oak-tree.html
News photographers snapped away Monday when Trump and Macron shoveled dirt onto the tree during a ceremonial planting on the South Lawn. By the end of the week, the tree was gone from the lawn. A pale patch of grass was left in its place.

The White House hadn't offered an explanation -- but now word from Paris is the sapling is quarantined just like other plants or animals brought into U.S. territory.

An official in Macron’s office told the Associated Press Monday that Trump insisted on holding a symbolic planting ceremony alongside Macron despite the quarantine requirement. The official said both sides knew all along that the tree would go later into quarantine.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kind of begs the question about planting the tree. The tree was in place for more than a couple of days. If it were infected with something, then whatever that something could be is now in the White House lawn...;-) Fox News fake, doesn't deliver actual news? Even Fox had to get the FRENCH to say something. I smell a conspiracy. ;-)

Top Bottom