Major Bending Black Pine - Part 2

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The limit on photos makes another post necessary to complete the photo sequence.

The top of the bend is now 18" above the soil surface.

Attachments

• CIMG3038.jpg
    CIMG3038.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 122
  • CIMG3041.jpg
    CIMG3041.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 106
  • CIMG3044.jpg
    CIMG3044.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 100
  • CIMG3050.jpg
    CIMG3050.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Vert.jpg
    Vert.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nicely accomplished bend. And thanks for taking the time to stop and document. I know it can be hard to do while you're in the thick of the process...

I like this, and do hope it lives, keep us posted.

(see part 1 - my reply explains how to post more pics on your first thread...)

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The heading of your thread, "Major Bending" was true enough. If the tree survives, I would be tempted to eliminate the right branching and focus only
on the left left branch. I would do this for two reasons: 1) the two branches seem to compete for attention, and 2) The remaining branch will then be just be a continuation of the trunk and will empahisize the bunjin movement of the tree.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The heading of your thread, "Major Bending" was true enough. If the tree survives, I would be tempted to eliminate the right branching and focus only
on the left left branch. I would do this for two reasons: 1) the two branches seem to compete for attention, and 2) The remaining branch will then be just be a continuation of the trunk and will empahisize the bunjin movement of the tree.

Barry,
Is this what you see, second photo? With a little tweaking of the remaining limb?

Added the vert with removal of the left limb, leaving the right also for consideration.

Attachments

• Vert-2.jpg
    Vert-2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 63
  • Vert-3.jpg
    Vert-3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 79

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Barry,
Is this what you see, second photo? With a little tweaking of the remaining limb?

Added the vert with removal of the left limb, leaving the right also for consideration.

Yes, that was my thought. I think the left branch compliments the trunk more than the right branch. I also like the drawing submitted by Stacey Allen Muse showing the bend enhanced.

Michaelb

Sapling
Reaction score
How is this tree doing? Did it survive?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nope, It didn't make it. I did too much all at the same time. Should have taken more time between steps, like a couple of years instead of one session.

Top Bottom