how 'bout this one

ia3yp.jpg

Last edited:

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
but they all add to the fires. No one forces you to read the threads or post to them, that is your choice, so don't complain about it.

... and then you get accused of doing the wrong thing by not participating in these diatribes :rolleyes:

Ashbarns

Mame
Reaction score
Yeehaaa another pointless thread brought up to achieve what? I can understand why it emanated but it has all been done before. We had a pledge, remember gentlemen? We agreed on mutual respect and no one can refute that. Is it that you have no honor? Short memory perhaps? This is all critical to your standing in our small bonsai community so please reflect and act accordingly.

Ash :cool:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
well you know what they say..."those who can, do and those can't, teach"
Yes, and some of us do, teach, and write about it....the ones who can do neither, usually repeat such nonesense as "those who can, do and those can't, teach"

Oh Will, say it again Brother!
There si no reason to, as you showed us your incredibly creativity and orginality once again by simply reusing my own words. At least come up with your own insults, will ya?

All joking aside Will, what do my trees have to do with this thread?
Hey, Mr. Kettle! Show me some of your trees, then I will know for sure who is faking it. How about it, no more bullsaht man, put up or shut up! You want everyone to think that you are an authority. Put up now, or forever hold your tongue.

Unlike you, I have actually shown my efforts. Of the two of us, you're the only one lacking in this department. You are also the only one who has never contributed one single useful thing to this forum or the bonsai community. Based on your own logic, your words are useless and a complete waste of bandwidth. Other than inciting, baiting, and name calling, you have not offered a single thing of value, ever. The word "useless" come to mind every time I read one of your posts.

In the spirit of actually sharing knowledge and learning from others in a environment that is idiot free, I see no choice but to add you to the ignore list along with King Ding Dong, as you have shown yourself to be incapable of posting anything worth the time to read.

Now you can not only spew out your juvenile insults from the safety of your mother's house, you can do so now behind my back where I won't see them. This should fit your style well.

Yeehaaa another pointless thread brought up to achieve what? I can understand why it emanated but it has all been done before. We had a pledge, remember gentlemen? We agreed on mutual respect and no one can refute that. Is it that you have no honor? Short memory perhaps? This is all critical to your standing in our small bonsai community so please reflect and act accordingly.

Yeah, that lasted.....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmmm I'd like to see the supposed statement.

"I will agree with you fujian, that the stupid, stupid idea of 360 degree bonsai is pointless. Every great bonsai looks good from all angles, but there is always one best way, or a couple that might be interchangeable or possible. But the whole concept was merely promoted by a self-aggrandizing fool who always posts to engender a lot of debate to boost his own website babies."

http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/222479-post10.html

Quoted and responded to at http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=163&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will reminds me of this picture and definition...

I can hold my own in person as well, but I understand that your lack of intelligence leads to physical confrontation, I have known dozens just like you.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
"I will agree with you fujian, that the stupid, stupid idea of 360 degree bonsai is pointless. Every great bonsai looks good from all angles, but there is always one best way, or a couple that might be interchangeable or possible. But the whole concept was merely promoted by a self-aggrandizing fool who always posts to engender a lot of debate to boost his own website babies."

http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/222479-post10.html

Quoted and responded to at http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=163&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75

Oh, that one. I am going to assume that your quote is correct inasmuch as the bonsaiTALK database is corrupted at that point. Nevertheless, it sounds like something I might have said, except for the "website babies" bit. That echoes "chat babies" just a little. However, as usual, you are very adept at changing the subject and representing someone's viewpoint as completely different that it really is.

You assume that just because I find fault with your methodology and your "ultimate, extreme, big-time professional bonsai" type of post, that I believe three dimensional bonsai to be less than the ideal. What I have always found fault with in that post is the idea that there should be an infinite number of fronts for any tree. This is impossible and simply a futile exercise. Making bonsai 3 dimensional has been a caveat from the earliest days of bonsai in the U.S. from John Naka on. Silly.

Last edited:

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Well this is starting to resemble the WWE. Will is in the ring with one person and someone else sneaks in and hits him with a chair when the ref is not looking.

I know everyone is having a nice time going after Will and I know he is not always innocent, there is more than enough blame to go around.

A novel concept would be for everyone to take responsibility for their own actions, or let's do a cage match! Either way is fine with me.

Attachments

• BonsaiMania.jpg
    BonsaiMania.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh, that one. I am going to assume that your quote is correct inasmuch as the bonsaiTALK database is corrupted at that point. Nevertheless, it sounds like something I might have said, except for the "website babies" bit. That echoes "chat babies" just a little. However, as usual, you are very adept at changing the subject and representing someone's viewpoint as completely different that it really is.
The quote is correct, the source cited, your words, not mine.

Making bonsai 3 dimensional has been a caveat from the earliest days of bonsai in the U.S. from John Naka on. Silly.

Read the article silly, I plainly stated that the idea was not new, just ignored in favor of the single front mentality that is prevalant in bonsai.

For those who may not know what we are talking about, see:

"The Future of Bonsai, The Third Dimension" in Bonsai Today issue #101 or here.

"The Myth of the Single Front" in Unione Bonsaisti Italiani July 08 or here

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The quote is correct, the source cited, your words, not mine.

Read the article silly, I plainly stated that the idea was not new, just ignored in favor of the single front mentality that is prevalant in bonsai.

For those who may not know what we are talking about, see:

"The Future of Bonsai, The Third Dimension" in Bonsai Today issue #101 or here.

"The Myth of the Single Front" in Unione Bonsaisti Italiani July 08 or here

Will

And.......another opportunity for you to link to your own articles. I only expected as much.

tombeur

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
And.......another opportunity for you to link to your own articles. I only expected as much.

Flame wars can be fun to watch ... but I would rather read about little trees..... maybe you guys should talk about little trees instead of yourselves?

I would like to hear the opinions of the warriors on these thoughts ......

Cheers,

Steve

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Flame wars can be fun to watch ... but I would rather read about little trees..... maybe you guys should talk about little trees instead of yourselves?

Cheers,

Steve

I've suggested this, it may be a lost cause. Dale referred to it as "The Fight Site" *sigh* *shrug*, he may be right. Oh well.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
Has everyone seen Harry's tree on the other new post? It's awsome! He should start writing articles.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Has everyone seen Harry's tree on the other new post? It's awsome! He should start writing articles.

Thanks again cquinn, but I'm just the caretaker. If I wrote on my methods of caretaking, all it would do is start another flame war on how I'm doing everything wrong despite the health of the trees, and that's all we need is another battle. I will gladly post pictures of my trees with their history, but not the way I take care of them.

Harry

Reaction score
USDA Zone

Yes, Marco did one hell of a job with the styling, but he always does. That guy has some serious talent!

Of course having good healthy material helps a lot, so far, the trees HArry has shown appear to be healthy, no one argues that.

Will

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thanks again cquinn, but I'm just the caretaker. If I wrote on my methods of caretaking, all it would do is start another flame war on how I'm doing everything wrong despite the health of the trees, and that's all we need is another battle. I will gladly post pictures of my trees with their history, but not the way I take care of them.

Harry

Again--my compliments on admitting this. Most with quality trees are more than ready to take credit for the work of others and then turn around and instruct everyone else how to develop a bonsai. I do not fault you for what you do. Thank God somebody wants finished bonsai. We have had discussions about what will happen to our trees when we decide its time for a dirt bath of our own. We may not agree on a lot of things but I know you are not a liar. By the way; it is a big deal to maintain a finished bonsai and keep it healthy and show-able. That in itself is worth some literature.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Again--my compliments on admitting this. Most with quality trees are more than ready to take credit for the work of others and then turn around and instruct everyone else how to develop a bonsai. I do not fault you for what you do. Thank God somebody wants finished bonsai. We have had discussions about what will happen to our trees when we decide its time for a dirt bath of our own. We may not agree on a lot of things but I know you are not a liar. By the way; it is a big deal to maintain a finished bonsai and keep it healthy and show-able. That in itself is worth some literature.

Thanks Vance, it's a full time job here in our difficult climate, but not impossible with the right species. Being retired has it's advantages.

Harry

Top Bottom