"Majoring on Minors"

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Vance, it's a full time job here in our difficult climate, but not impossible with the right species. Being retired has it's advantages.

Harry

Now that gets an Amen!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Now that gets an Amen!

I guess I will find out this spring, I just retired,--- but I'm sitting on top of about ten inches of snow we have had sitting around since before Christmas. Boy that Global Warming. This is the most severe winter we have had in over twenty years.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I guess I will find out this spring, I just retired,--- but I'm sitting on top of about ten inches of snow we have had sitting around since before Christmas. Boy that Global Warming. This is the most severe winter we have had in over twenty years.

Winter does suck for a retiree, that's why I'm on here most of the day, nothing else to do. But come spring you will have a different opinion, trust me.

Harry

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Winter does suck for a retiree, that's why I'm on here most of the day, nothing else to do. But come spring you will have a different opinion, trust me.

Harry

I don't doubt it, everything needs repotting and I have a lot of stuff in different stages of development.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
"I will agree with you fujian, that the stupid, stupid idea of 360 degree bonsai is pointless. Every great bonsai looks good from all angles, but there is always one best way, or a couple that might be interchangeable or possible. But the whole concept was merely promoted by a self-aggrandizing fool who always posts to engender a lot of debate to boost his own website babies."

http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/222479-post10.html

Quoted and responded to at http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=163&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75

Well perhaps I said those things, perhaps I didn't. I may have thought them but I guess since your link is an invalid thread, I will have to suggest that you are making it up until you can prove your assertion.

In fact,after doing a bit of research, I can say definitely that you made up that post and gave a false link purposely to make me and Boon look bad in your forum. You should be ashamed of yourself. Here's a screen pic of my posts in and around the time you claim I wrote such.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 am

Today, Chris Johnston, a student of Boon, in his usual manner posted the following on another forum ( http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/222479-post10.html ).

"I will agree with you fujian, that the stupid, stupid idea of 360 degree bonsai is pointless. Every great bonsai looks good from all angles, but there is always one best way, or a couple that might be interchangeable or possible. But the whole concept was merely promoted by a self-aggrandizing fool who always posts to engender a lot of debate to boost his own website babies."

What exactly are website babies? And did you think I'd just roll over and not check to see if I actually posted such crap, even though I agree with most of it?

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score

http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/222479-post10.html

Quoted and responded to at http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=163&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75
The link to aob is not this Chris, but instead to Chris "Pootsie"..

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Irene, he is allegedly quoting me specifically in responding to Chris Conomy. Manufactured out of whole cloth. Disgusting.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The link to aob is not this Chris, but instead to Chris "Pootsie"..
Irene, either you are mistaken or you are lying. These words are Chris Johnston's and have been quoted and posted at AoB since January 31, 2008, the same day they were posted by him at BT.

Irene, he is allegedly quoting me specifically in responding to Chris Conomy. Manufactured out of whole cloth. Disgusting.

Chris,

No, sorry, the quote is accurate and attributed correctly. These are your words.

Poostie had no qualms what-so-ever about debating the subject at AoB, where I could respond, he had his debate there with me and never acted in a cowardly manner by posting insults on a forum where I could not respond. Anyone interested is seeing the discussion that pootsie had one on one with me, can see it in its entirety at http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=163 and you will notice that although he was against the concept, he never resorted to insults such as Chris did, that just wasn't Pootsies style, ever.

What is disgusting is your back-peddling and denial of your own words. Disgusting, but not surprising.

Oh, and before you dig your hole deeper, do you remember what BT looked like in January of 08? Maybe the attachments will help your memory...

Will

Attachments

• bt_001_1_08.jpg
    bt_001_1_08.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 27
  • bt_002_1_08.jpg
    bt_002_1_08.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Joanie, either you are mistaken or you are lying. These words are Chris Johnston's and have been quoted and posted at AoB since January 31, 2008, the same day they were posted by him at BT.

Chris,

No, sorry, the quote is accurate and attributed correctly. These are your words.

What is disgusting is your back-peddling and denial of your own words. Disgusting, but not surprising.

Oh, and before you dig your hole deeper, do you remember what BT looked like in January of 08? Maybe the attachments will help your memory...

Will

Perhaps you could show your hand and prove that that was something I posted. The attachments you provided prove only one thing: That you have been stalking ME online, not the other way around. I had never even seen those lies a year old in your thread until you linked to them today.

I have not back "peddled" (the phrase is back-pedaled) anything. I said that it might sound like something I'd have written because I believe much of the essence of what you put in my mouth. That doesn't excuse you for making things up like this. Show me the quote, not some sideline screen caps.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Joanie, either you are mistaken or you are lying. These words are Chris Johnston's and have been quoted and posted at AoB since January 31, 2008, the same day they were posted by him at BT.

Why are you calling Irene "Joanie?" And thank you for allowing that she might be mistaken...when she has never uttered less than the unvarnished truth to my knowledge. In fact I corrected her mistaken impression. So get your focus on.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Perhaps you could show your hand and prove that that was something I posted. The attachments you provided prove only one thing: That you have been stalking ME online, not the other way around. I had never even seen those lies a year old in your thread until you linked to them today.

I have not back "peddled" (the phrase is back-pedaled) anything. I said that it might sound like something I'd have written because I believe much of the essence of what you put in my mouth. That doesn't excuse you for making things up like this. Show me the quote, not some sideline screen caps.

I remember reading it Chris, but because BT's Data base has become corrupted I cannot now find it. There seems to be a couple of pages missing from that thread.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I remember reading it Chris, but because BT's Data base has become corrupted I cannot now find it. There seems to be a couple of pages missing from that thread.

What thread? The one that is an invalid thread link? The database seems fine for the dates surrounding that supposed thread and dates previous. Sorry, Vance, "that dog won't hunt."

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
What thread? The one that is an invalid thread link? The database seems fine for the dates surrounding that supposed thread and dates previous. Sorry, Vance, "that dog won't hunt."

Sorry Chris, I did read that comment, it may have even been on your blog; but I did read it. As to the BT data base there were several pages that would not load, one I remember was page 11 but there was one other I forgot to take note of.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry Chris, I did read that comment, it may have even been on your blog; but I did read it. As to the BT data base there were several pages that would not load, one I remember was page 11 but there was one other I forgot to take note of.

Page eleven of what?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The words are yours, deny it, lie about it, claim they are made up, they are yours never-the-less. They are not Pootsie's words, as claimed. They are yours.

But I don't blame you, I'd deny them too, if I was you.

The quote is accurate, it stands and remains.

By the way, the attchments above are actual screen shots of Bt in January of 2008, when you posted your words, as quoted. Take a minute and think of how the pages shown, long gone from the data base, could be posted?

But go ahead, please keep denying your own words and please also continue your claims that I made them up.....

Will

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The words are yours, deny it, lie about it, claim they are made up, they are yours never-the-less. They are not Pootsie's words, as claimed. They are yours.

But I don't blame you, I'd deny them too, if I was you.

The quote is accurate, it stands and remains.

By the way, the attchments above are actual screen shots of Bt in January of 2008, when you posted your words, as quoted. Take a minute and think of how the pages shown, long gone from the data base, could be posted?

But go ahead, please keep denying your own words and please also continue your claims that I made them up.....

Will

See, the funny thing, Will, is you merely CLAIM they are my words and cannot produce proof. This is so common with you I can't believe it. Who cares about the screen shots? You show the title for a very short thread about fall workshops, which I posted in August 2007!

http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/f92/kansas-city-area-fall-workshop-pavement-ends-25257.html

You don't even have a thread title, do you? You know, I even searched my own posts and find them clear back to my earliest days there. So "They're your words na-na-na" is a VERY weak argument indeed.

P.S. You are so fond of screen shots I am amazed you didn't take a screen shot of this one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are you still denying those were your words, Chris?

There is absolutly no possibility that they are not your words?

That I made these up?

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are you still denying those were your words, Chris?

There is absolutly no possibility that they are not your words?

That I made these up?

Will

Will, what is the matter with you? Have you not been here for the entire conversation?

Top Bottom