year
old.
thats aggressive and would get me disciplined lol
2/3s rule for truncating emails is our go to

do you shuffle chips while at your desk? rad setup
i3? jp

heres my desktop at the moment
1624883576934.png

i think its a user friendly forum and better than most if not all ive used for years
enjoy the ability to post pics by copy and paste and drag-from-folder,
vs image-code link or w.e. from flickr.

in business though, reading emails from a phone or even just optics
on fullscreen, kook of the day material when one or two sentences stretches for 20"
across the screen. first world problems though for sure as one user pointed out

Last edited:

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
As an officially old person who was trained as a typographer (typesetter & keyliner) back in the olden days, and actually having to take English 101, Literature 101, et al, and habituated to run-on sentences, I have been wondering about the purpose/origin of what I now understand to be "truncated" format. It sucks.

Talk about hard

to

read!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
do you shuffle chips while at your desk? rad setup
i3? jp
Those chips are for my sit-ups. I have a little cup at my desktop, and every day I fill it up with the number of sit-ups I plan on doing, and over the course of the day as I do my sit-ups I take the chips out of the cup. It's the only way I can keep track :)

The set-up that I took the photo of has an i9-9900 and is about three years old. I've got another system on the way, but had to buy pre-built because you simply can't buy separate components now - particularly graphics cards. Normally I build my own PC's to save $$$. And I feel "lucky" that the build lead-time is only six weeks.

Bottom line, it is hard to please everyone - particularly when it comes to site layout. I have three different layouts for the site depending on the native resolution of whatever screen you are viewing it on, and I try to optimize one layout for phones, one for tablets, and one for PC's. But this is the first time I have had people comment about the width of the text box on a 4K display in full screen mode... for being too wide :)

Last edited:

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
While I'm at it, truncated sentences (an oxymoron) without punctuation must be difficult for people reading English as a second or third language. They probably think the writers do a lot of unorganized thinking have incomplete

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
While I'm at it, truncated sentences (an oxymoron) without punctuation must be difficult for people reading English as a second or third language. They probably think the writers do a lot of unorganized thinking have incomplete

"If u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb w hi pa"

or

'Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.'

or

Thoughitisapainintheneckyoucanusuallyreadsentenceswithoutpuncuationwhileanonnativespeakercannot

Last edited:

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
"If u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb w hi pa"

or

'Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.'

or

Thoughitisapainintheneckyoucanusuallyreadsentenceswithoutpuncuationwhileanonnativespeakercannot
I am a non-native and I was able to read it first time... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom