Making History!

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I believe Andrew Pearson of Stone Monkey Ceramics, U.K., was the first Westerner to show and win.

Modern Pot Competition Gold Award at the 40th Gafu Ten in 2015, and this display took Gold!

Nonetheless, congrats Roy
It is a fine point, but Andy won gold for UNglazed. Roy is, as @MACH5 said, the first westerner to win GLAZED.

I don't think one diminishes the other in any way.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Where does one buy a Roy Minarai pot? These are beautiful. I hit his website and it’s a little outdated. Found a couple on EBay but that’s it. It’s the season to buy some pots!!

D

Deleted member 21616

try reaching out to him on facebook, especially if there is a specific style/shape you have in mind

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
All of them? !!! that's not fair!
Mmuuuhhaaaaa!!!!

Yes, I have all of them!!! Including his award certificate!!!

Lol!!!

I’m not keeping them, I just brought them back from California. Daisaku Nomoto brought them from Japan to Boon’s. I brought them from there to my home, and Roy and I are going to meet up sometime.

I think he should display them at the National Shohin Show.

Roy Minarai

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I was honored to be accepted, and super blown away when I learned that I received an award. I have been experimenting since taking a break after making the Gafu pots, and have built up a stockpile of pots. If anyone is interested send me a message and I’ll be happy to show what I have available. Here’s a few new pots... 46E3F189-7335-440F-ADFC-BA4D1454AC23.jpegFBA2EC0F-48C9-42B5-97D5-9FA436F225EB.jpeg28D1F985-19AC-47A8-A38A-A2164AF28FF6.jpeg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I was honored to be accepted, and super blown away when I learned that I received an award. I have been experimenting since taking a break after making the Gafu pots, and have built up a stockpile of pots. If anyone is interested send me a message and I’ll be happy to show what I have available. Here’s a few new pots... View attachment 225054View attachment 225055View attachment 225056
They are all beautiful. I seem to have an affinity for blue/purple pots. I especially like the first one, as I also have a thing for flowers. Love them. (your pots, that is)

Top Bottom