Making your life SIMPLE!

Reaction score
Really nice words from Yannick. For sure life should be simplified. Why not?

Happy that he is teaching me.

When seagulls follow a boat, they think there is something to get.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
but that would mean being satisfied with the 10 trees i have gotten in the past 2 months that are all between 5 and 7 years old and would have zero chance of winning a show immediately.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
When seagulls follow a boat, they think there is something to get.

This is very wise advice, and when simplifying one's life we get happiness as a reward.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
This is very wise advice, and when simplifying one's life we get happiness as a reward.

not if you have to go to a job and work around other people who are your age and be employed for no one.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
not if you have to go to a job and work around other people who are your age and be employed for no one.
Did you read the OP's article?
Sorry, I didn't get your meaning.
My life was simplified some time ago and it brought me more happiness than before.
And... Now I have less but better trees.
😉

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
but that would mean being satisfied with the 10 trees i have gotten in the past 2 months that are all between 5 and 7 years old

I have some little trees 2 or 3 years old that I enjoy a lot...

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I have some little trees 2 or 3 years old that I enjoy a lot...

you cannot take them immediately and win best of show, you have to actually do something for yourself and no one likes bettering themselves for no one at all

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I do not see one that I could enter into a show today and win best of show, plus I do not have enough to blow off my employment because it would take all day to take care of them and get fired from the 99th job I have ever had.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
..zero chance of winning a show immediately.

There are many people out there that don't care a rotten fig about entering or winning shows. Some people enjoy the bonsai process a lot, and showing the trees is a consequence and not the goal.
I work every single day, but manage to care for 25 trees in training. It is not a chore, it is a real pleasure for me.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
There are many people out there that don't care a rotten fig about entering or winning shows. Some people enjoy the bonsai process a lot, and showing the trees is a consequence and not the goal.
I work every single day, but manage to care for 25 trees in training. It is not a chore, it is a real pleasure for me.

i would enjoy working with my trees, I CANNOT STAND BEING EMPLOYED AND BEING SUCCESSFUL FOR NO ONE AT ALL

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
but that would mean being satisfied with the 10 trees i have gotten in the past 2 months that are all between 5 and 7 years old and would have zero chance of winning a show immediately.
Not per se.
You can have these 10 trees. Grow 4 of them to the next level and sell them. Buy 1 better tree. It is what I am doing. Collecting and growing from seed. When I make some money on selling a bunch of trees I put it aside to get one better tree. This tree is made up by selling 2-3 trees that I was not happy with anymore but painstakingly developed into decent trees:
91773442_1442290335932467_3302599507232948224_n.jpg

Also not going to be in a show within the next decade. But if you only grow bonsai with that aim in mind, you will never get to the show. you will see the work as a burden instead of a pleasure. And we are back at the recommendations of Yannick. Do it because you love it, and do not have that many trees that you cannot properly maintain them without it becomming a chore..

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I enjoy my trees, however I would rather buy a tree that wins shows rather than work for it. Kinda like I do with my job. Do the minimum but go for merit promotion, not get a promotion because it is earned..

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I do not want to work for anything, that is doing something for myself, not doing it for anyone unless I am dating someone.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do not want to work for anything, that is doing something for myself, not doing it for anyone unless I am dating someone.

Do the minimum but go for merit promotion, not get a promotion because it is earned..
And it almost sounds like you are proud of it.

1595234906446.png

Reaction score
Is completely different from how I was trained as a chef. When my guests have a nice evening and have a nice meal, they come back and pay my bills.
You must do what makes you happy if you are not happy you should not do it.

Caryboy

Yamadori
Reaction score
My parents forced me to have a job in high school and continue education to make them look good instead of doing what i wanted to do, so now anyone over 27 owes me what i want. No teenager cares about a career so why should i if i can force old people to give me what i want. a career interferes with parties and other things a 17 year old cares about.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
I'm off this thread, unfortunately because it started so well.
Tired of trolls.

Tom vinken

Yamadori
Reaction score
I love to work hard and most of the time hard work pays off so I think I am a happy man😁
If it is my job or my passion like bonsai.
Take the best out of something gives me the best feeling.
If people like to have 10 trees or the other 40 it doesn’t matter me at all.
It is al about how you feel about it.
Sometimes bonsai gives me stress, so what....
Stress can be a good thing to.
I just don’t think bonsai is easy at all.

Top Bottom