@my nellie
@GSCarlson
@Yosemite Goat
@jeanluc83
@VAFisher
@Starfox
@Rjoyce

Hi everyone!

I know its way to late but lets finish this contest up since some of the contestents kept their mames alive and updated their entry's !

The original rules are found in the entry thread:

Because i have been slacking the dates arnt right anymore so lets post the final rules here for all the remaining contestents.
------------------------------------------

Tree size:
Mame size is 3" to 6"
measured from the rim pot to top of the tree.

Pot size:
Maximum of 4.5 inches in length across the front viewing side.

-----------------------------------
since most contestents entered multiple tree's pick your favorite entry and post the entry picture and a final quality picture of the result here.
since its an mame tree a picture with a backdrop is easy to do.

Please add an extra picture with the height being measured if you swapped pots since the part two thread please also add a picture with the measurments of the new pot.

post this all in this thread Before 31-01-2021
after 31-01-2021 i will open up a Boring thread to select the top 3 and see who gets the mame of fame!

--------------------------------
Please keep this thread clean.
questions or anything else related to this contest Please use this thread:
-------------

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here's my crape myrtle this summer and again today 11/15 with fall color a week or so past peak. Should have taken a pic earlier - oh well. This one developed better than the little Pocomoke (surprisingly). It still in the same Bokeno pot as the last update.

20200621_130022.jpg20201115_141420.jpg

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here's the final picture of my Willow Leaf Fig. Now that the contest is ending, I think I will up-pot it and cut it back. I'd really like to see better ramification on this guy. I feel like it has come a long way since the contest started, but its growth seems to have stalled out this year.

Happy New Year!!!

MameContestFinal.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's my crape myrtle this summer and again today 11/15 with fall color a week or so past peak. Should have taken a pic earlier - oh well
Get one this year VA?

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think I will up-pot it and cut it back. I'd really like to see better ramification on this guy. I feel like it has come a long way since the contest started, but its growth seems to have stalled out this year.

I did end up up-potting and cutting the tree back in August (I'm not sure why I waited so long). It back budded after about a month and I selected the best branches. It's making slow progress

Edit: After I uploading I see I have the wrong tag in this pot :) This isn't a Veldt Fig!

20211216_192909_resized.jpg

20211216_193124_resized.jpg

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just for more giggles. They enjoyed Florida winter w/us. Just cut back. @VAFisher @pweifan ? Still kickin?
Looking great! Yes, my willow-leaf ficus is still kickin :) It doesn't look very different than the picture above. Unfortunately, it's mostly leafless right now as I let it get too dry.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just for more giggles. They enjoyed Florida winter w/us. Just cut back. @VAFisher @pweifan ? Still kickin?
View attachment 428376
View attachment 428377
Haven't been on the forum lately so just seeing this. Mine is still plugging along but I don't have any pics of it. I repotted it again this year - this time into a nice, light blue Chuck Iker round that suits it pretty well and should provide a little more margin for error on the watering.

Top Bottom