Gottibonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi! I'm an 18 years old italian guy and I'm into bonsai since 2016. That's my first thread ever on this forum and I'm so excited.
I want to show you a brief evolution of this mame juniper that was gifted to me from a friend in 2018. It was already a 3 years old cutting.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture in 2018, but I have one made in march 2019 when I repotted it.

IMG_20190301_170542.jpgMarch 2019

Sorry but I just have this one of that period, the wire you see was already put by the friend who gave it to me to create a basic shape.

Then I've let it grow for almost two years and even if the second branch didn't grow that much it wasn't necessary for my idea of the final shape so on October 2020 I cleaned the needles and styled it for the first time!:cool:

IMG_20201024_155734-01.jpeg Needles cleaned, before styling, October 2020

IMG_20201024_165343-01.jpeg Post styling, October 2020

Notice that I've not cleaned all the needles, because I didn't want to overstress the plant.

What do you think? I'm opened to all kind of questions, doubts, perplexities and requests!😃

Have a nice week!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks good. Looks like it might be staying wet to long? What substrate do you have it in?

Where in Italia are you located?

Gottibonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Looks good. Looks like it might be staying wet to long? What substrate do you have it in?

Where in Italia are you located?
Hi! Thank you!!
Iti is in a mixture of Akadama and pumice. It is wet just because I took the picture during a rainy day.
I live in northern Italy, near Milan.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If it looks that good after being repotted in 2019, then stop with the too wet crap. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi! Thank you!!
Iti is in a mixture of Akadama and pumice. It is wet just because I took the picture during a rainy day.
I live in northern Italy, near Milan.
Io abitavo in Italia per 19 anni (provincia di Vicenza)

Gottibonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi @Gottibonsai

Welcome to the forum, it looks like you have a good eye for design. I will look forward to seeing some of your future creations!
Thank you very much, I'm glad to show them, it's a pleasure!

I have more on my IG account but I don't know if I can say the name without going against forum rules. Even if it's not too hard to understand🤣

Anyway I'll open new threads when I have some free times. Thanks again!

Graft

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just for your information; Putting your zone and rough location will help you a lot with advice as you will then get advice based on YOUR climate.

Top Bottom