Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Did I miss something? Did you have them posted for sale?
People have been messaging me here and on Instragram as soon as I started posting the pics. I didn't even get a chance to upload yet onto my site.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
People have been messaging me here and on Instragram as soon as I started posting the pics. I didn't even get a chance to upload yet onto my site.
No chance the fancy blue one hasn't sold, I suppose. 😢

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of my favorite glazes......White Bubble!

View attachment 395622

I really enjoy this one as well. It kinda gets forgotten next to that midnight blue and fancy blue though ;) But yes, this one was very high on my list of favorites from batch 2 as well :)

I guess with batch 2 all gone, I'll need to wait and be more aggressive when batch 3 comes out!

Unless you're abandoning mame for a while to focus on shohin with your pottery wheel upgrade plans?!?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I really enjoy this one as well. It kinda gets forgotten next to that midnight blue and fancy blue though ;) But yes, this one was very high on my list of favorites from batch 2 as well :)

I guess with batch 2 all gone, I'll need to wait and be more aggressive when batch 3 comes out!

Unless you're abandoning mame for a while to focus on shohin with your pottery wheel upgrade plans?!?
The White Bubble glaze pot is still available.

I have 6 pots left from Batch #2.

I'm not sure yet to take a break on mame and move up to shohin or get back into woodworking.......I also need to clear out my garage as well to get my kiln up and running at the house.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not sure yet to take a break on mame and move up to shohin or get back into woodworking.......I also need to clear out my garage as well to get my kiln up and running at the house.

I hear ya! Too many hobbies, not enough time :(

My wife tells me my one true hobby is collecting hobbies! Woodworking is one of them. Pottery...mame or shohin...thus far is not!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So did you make the picture bigger to show the glaze better just to make me cry?
Actually i'm a bit sad to let that one go. That was the first time doing that combo. Not sure if I can duplicate it again. I really liked the glaze results, just want to show it up close.

Bonsai4life

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A couple months ago while looking for something on Amazon, I came across this mini pottery wheel. Despite the reviews of it being under powered I thought it could be usable to make mame pots. So yesterday I finally had some free time to really try it out.

View attachment 348935View attachment 348936

At the end of my testing of the unit I was able to produce this mame pot. I also burnished the pot once the clay became leather hard. But I can attest that this little pottery wheel will make a huge mess. With no splash guard, once water gets on the pot it whips the water in all directions. It was also a bit challenging to center the pot to trim it up some. Also the motor is extremely underpowered, this made it difficult to do anything with the clay. The moment my finger touched the clay it would stop moving, and if my fingers were wet it would whip water all over the place. But overall I think this pot came out fairly nice for the first time using this mini pottery wheel. I'll probably make another this weekend and post some more pics. Now I just have to get my kiln up and running.

View attachment 348937
View attachment 348938
View attachment 348939
Beautiful pot. What clay brand is the best for bonsai pot? Do you have a link? Thank you

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Beautiful pot. What clay brand is the best for bonsai pot? Do you have a link? Thank you
Depends how you intend to use the pot. For durability you want a stoneware clay and fire it to it's recommending Cone firing to vetrify the clay.

I use Standard clay.

Top Bottom