penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It was a bit difficult to make this one. The wheel did not have enough torque and stopped every time I touched the clay. It's really time to upgrade to an actual wheel to start making larger size pots.
I am almost afraid of you getting a real potters wheel. My wheel thrown pots will look like s--t in comparison.
You will be giving up your day job. o_O

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am almost afraid of you getting a real potters wheel. My wheel thrown pots will look like s--t in comparison.
You will be giving up your day job. o_O
I think everyone's pots can look really good. It's just how long one wants to spend time working on them. I'm going to get the Shimpo Aspire wheel sometime in 2022. It will be like starting all over learning that wheel. But I can already see the time to finish a shohin sized pot will probably take triple the time to finish the detailing than a mame sized pot.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had an Aspire and I liked it a lot but it was before they made a foot controller which I am very used to. I traded it in on a Shimpo Lite. It is a floor model whereas the Aspire is a table top model. The Lite is still easy enough to move around so you can take it to workshops and demonstrations etc.
Whatever you get, once you establish a new learning curve, you are going to be amazed at what you can do. Pretty exciting for me and everyone following you, to see you up the ante. WE watch with baited breath.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
One of Pitoon's pots shown in an unboxing video on the Yamasibon Youtube channel was used for a yamadori Akamatsu.
The red pine was planted in the mame pot in quite an unique way.

He told me he was waiting for the right yamadori for that pot. I'm happy he found the right one. In a few years that one will look fantastic once it can stand on it's own.

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
He told me he was waiting for the right yamadori for that pot. I'm happy he found the right one. In a few years that one will look fantastic once it can stand on it's own.
Now that you're best friends, you should probably get him to join bonsainut!

Top Bottom