Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Pitoon do you use some kind of wax or similar substance to get the super clean glaze lines? Love how clean the glaze is around the lip.
Liquid latex or wax.

Latex you can mess up pull off and re-apply.

Wax you have one shot. You mess up and you have to re-bisque to burn it off.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I saw the pots,, Nice, but at a three digit price,,, that's Robbery! I can make better from the plastic clay bought from a Walmart!
My pots are at three digits as well. Why don't you start a thread showing what you can do with the plastic clay you can buy at Walmart......I'm curious to see myself.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Here's one of my favorites from this batch. It's funny how you imagine how something would look like when it's done and it actually ends up looking like how you imagined. I would really like to keep half the pots from this batch, but I have to let them go......someone else can enjoy them.

View attachment 464458View attachment 464459View attachment 464460
View attachment 464461
You're killing me. That is spectacular.

Perplexody

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw the pots,, Nice, but at a three digit price,,, that's Robbery! I can make better from the plastic clay bought from a Walmart!
3 digits might be out of some people price range, hell it's outside of mine right now too. but they are absolutely worth it if you actually know what you're looking at. But good luck with your Walmart clay

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
40k views.....I wonder how much do people like mame containers. Hopefully I can convert you all to mame bonsai! 😁

Hopefully WE can convert YOU to make your beautiful work in larger forms as well as mame so that plants of all sizes can enjoy @Pitoon containers 😁🤪😜

Personally I think the mame containers are great, but your work is so wonderful that I can’t help but think about how awesome your large pots would be :)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hopefully WE can convert YOU to make your beautiful work in larger forms as well as mame so that plants of all sizes can enjoy @Pitoon containers 😁🤪😜

Personally I think the mame containers are great, but your work is so wonderful that I can’t help but think about how awesome your large pots would be :)
Thanks, but you know my max size is up to shohin.

I've already started to make shohin size pots in rounds. Soon there'll be other shapes... square, rectangle, hex, mokko, bag, ...etc. If you're going to the National show next year prepare yourself, lol!

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks, but you know my max size is up to shohin.

I've already started to make shohin size pots in rounds. Soon there'll be other shapes... square, rectangle, hex, mokko, bag, ...etc. If you're going to the National show next year prepare yourself, lol!

Cool! Are you throwing all of those shapes on the wheel and then altering, or are you slab building?

Top Bottom