Mame wild rose

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Couple firsts for me here.

First mame (thanks for the pot @Pitoon !), and first time using copper wire (go easy on me).

Some kind of wild rose from my back yard. Who knows if it will survive, but I wanted to see something in the pot!

Pre-wire:
PXL_20210526_172635652.jpg

Post-wire:
PXL_20210526_174450095.jpg

Scale:
PXL_20210526_174558896.jpg

Some day I'll set up a better "photo-booth"...

I also should have been thinking more when I potted it, but should I have put one foot in the center instead (it has three feet)?

Last edited:

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Couple firsts for me here.

First mame (thanks for the pot @Pitoon !), and first time using copper wire (go easy on me).

Some kind of wild rose from my back yard. Who knows if it will survive, but I wanted to see something in the pot!

Pre-wire:
View attachment 377114

Post-wire:
View attachment 377115

Scale:
View attachment 377116

Some day I'll set up a better "photo-booth"...

I also should have been thinking more when I potted it, but should I have put one foot in the center instead (it has the feet)?
WOW! All I can say is that this looks fantastic! The position of the tree looks great.

I'm just imagining that trunk barked up and in full bloom. What's the color of the flowers?

THIS IS WHY I LOVE MAME!!!

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
WOW! All I can say is that this looks fantastic! The position of the tree looks great.

I'm just imagining that trunk barked up and in full bloom. What's the color of the flowers?

THIS IS WHY I LOVE MAME!!!
Ha! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Flowers are small and white on these (small red berries later), we have a couple large bushes, and a million off-shoots.

Now you are really making me want to see it survive long enough to flower and fruit!

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
cool. im in MA and ironically potted up a similar rose a few mos ago.
can see it in background here, and has since grown new growth/i prune a bit more too
20210512_192047.jpg
i think it might be the same type as these japanese rose from my yard IMG_20200613_074754_336.jpg

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That looks like try Rosa Multiflora..

If so, they are white..

Nice job!
Thanks; I've never tried looking it up, but the flowers on the "mothershrubbers" are definitely white.

Was a bit wilty today, but that's probably because it got hacked up and put in the sun - when it came from a shady area. It's back in the shade and looking better.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I wonder how much will the leaves reduce being in the mame pot?

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ha, I guess that's a hint to keep this thing alive. It's growing well, but could use a bit of fungicide I think

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
neat

was looking at mine yesterday - similar!
fellow northeasterner, youre going to leave it outside this winter? cold sotrage?

I will probably pull it from the pot and stick it in the ground this fall (pot will come inside even if it doesn't need to).

The rose isn't doing great, a bunch of black spot, but not too worried if it survives, there are plenty more volunteers where it came from.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I will probably pull it from the pot and stick it in the ground this fall (pot will come inside even if it doesn't need to).

The rose isn't doing great, a bunch of black spot, but not too worried if it survives, there are plenty more volunteers where it came from.
It might be fungal. Neem oil or copper spray can be helpful.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you do neem oil or copper get the concentrate and a pump sprayer......it will last a long time depending on many plants you treat. The premix sprayers cost 10x as much as the mix it yourself concentrate.

Top Bottom