Mango seedlings multi branches :)

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
Hi, I started mango from seed and now it stared to grow it's next set of leaves, or I thought it was. Just looked at it last night and it looks like it is growing 3 branches. From what I have seen of mango's they grow up without branching for a while. But for a mango start branching on the second set of leaves, Is that strange? And no the seedling was not topped, cut or touched in anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_4530.JPG
    IMG_4530.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
While you might not have "topped" it, sometimes the top dies or accidentally gets "brushed" off. Happened to my indoor avocado tree. :)

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
I don't think the tip died or it got tipped at all, because the middle bud is still there and growing. should I remove the middle bud so it can branch out. I was planing to "tip it" but since it is a seedling, am afraid it might die.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty sure "almost died" is enough for them to push more from behind.

Is it inside?

Mine is.

Sorce

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
Yes under a grow light. I am in canada so outside is not an option. This seedling have only 4 leaves and is growing it's second set of leaves (or branches in this case) now, I am scared it is not yet ready to be pruned.

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
yea I am, the funny thing is now it is growning a sucker at the base of the seedling. I will post updated photos tomorrow.

xisbi

Sapling
Reaction score
Should I let the sucker grow to get two trunk tree?

Attachments

• IMG_4571.JPG
    IMG_4571.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4572.JPG
    IMG_4572.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 22
Top Bottom