Marco Invernizzi's new tool - "Ichiban"

Reaction score
Harry,
no bonsai in Iceland...actually there hardly any trees here. It's my first ever TREELESS holiday ever. Can you believe it?

From next week ICHIBAN will be available for sale in US. I still have few LIMITED EDITION pieces left.

Please feel free to contact me at: marco@marcoinvernizzi.com

or Dave Kruetz at satsukibonsai@juno.com

Dave and ICHIBAN will be at the Chicago show in August.

As I explained before that I'm not familiar with bonsai blogs so I apologize if these kind of informations are considered advertisement and if doing so I'm breaking some rules. If that is the case I'll be happy to remove this post.

snobird

Mame
Reaction score
Mmmm. Lots of beautiful Scandinavian blondes in Iceland? All the names ending in -dottir.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Mmmm. Lots of beautiful Scandinavian blondes in Iceland? All the names ending in -dottir.

And here all the time I thought he went there for the scenery...........:rolleyes:

keep it green,
Harry

Reaction score
The videos will be online on the ICHIBAN website and on YOUTUBE by the begining of October. I already booked a well known video maker to work with me. The videos will be very helpfull, very didactical and in 5 languages!

Honestly guys.....not much else than the scenery to look at here in ICELAND.

Last edited:

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Saw an ichiban

I was at the Midwest Bonsai Show today and got a chance to see Dave Kreutz's ichiban close up. It looked well-made, and like it should do what it claims.

Dave said it takes some getting used to, like anything new; but the more he uses his, the better he likes it.

So maybe in a few years, when the price comes down some and I accumulate some spare cash, I'll pick one up.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I was at the Midwest Bonsai Show today and got a chance to see Dave Kreutz's ichiban close up. It looked well-made, and like it should do what it claims.

Dave said it takes some getting used to, like anything new; but the more he uses his, the better he likes it.

So maybe in a few years, when the price comes down some and I accumulate some spare cash, I'll pick one up.

You had better taken some pictures of the trees to post............:mad:

keep it green,
Harry

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
You had better taken some pictures of the trees to post............:mad:

keep it green,
Harry

I did, but can't post them until I get home. I'm using my wife's laptop at the moment, and she doesn't Photoshop for cleaning up the pics. Give me a few days, buddy.

Reaction score
What I can do is to send you a big Pig Moneybox. We will be happy to accept your $350 in moreless3.472.754 different coins.
Dave is right! It takes time to get used to it because it's not just a tool, is an instrument which can help every user to improve his/her performance with their trees.
regards to all

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I did, but can't post them until I get home. I'm using my wife's laptop at the moment, and she doesn't Photoshop for cleaning up the pics. Give me a few days, buddy.

Thanks beard !!

keep it green,
Harry

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone

i checked the ichiban too at the midwest bonsai show. i like it, looks and feels really good. but my wife said "put the nice scissors back in the box ". lol:D

eric

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
i checked the ichiban too at the midwest bonsai show. i like it, looks and feels really good. but my wife said "put the nice scissors back in the box ". lol:D

eric

That's what you get for taking your wife...........:p

keep it green,
Harry

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Marco has become a sponsor of the AoB Awards and is offering a Ichiban to one of the entries in the contest that he selects as being the best entered.

This is a great chance to not only win a $350.00 Ichiban, but also some other great prizes.

Details will be released soon.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Would it be a conflict of interest to enter one of his trees.........:D

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Had a work shop with Suthin this past weekend, he had one and let us try the fit and feel, different for sure, can also see how it could ease the work on turning your wrist a bunch with lots of work.

Didn't get to actually use it, but Suthin said it works well just need a bit of time to get used to it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Would it be a conflict of interest to enter one of his trees.........:D

From the rules Harry...

"Participants can submit bonsai that they personally have designed regardless of if the bonsai is currently in their care at the present or in a collection located elsewhere.

Participants may also submit bonsai that they did not design as long as the bonsai is in their care and that the original artist is named. Above all else, this contest is about the trees presented."

I would be greatly surprised if you did not enter the Awards this year.

Will

Reaction score
Thank you Will to introduce the contest to this forum!

What I'm really looking for are beautiful bonsai as result of a long term project which should have come to an ipotetical end......we all know that bonsai is a neverending art BUT I'd love to see bonsai for which the owner or the collaboration between him/her and other artist have created a bonsai that looks like a tree in nature and not just a stomp of wood in a bonsai container.

I'll be happy to give my opinion to all the ones who will ask my opinion and I will explain to all the reason why I pick up the winner.

It's gonna be excting!

I understand that it takes time to get used to ICHIBAN. It's an all new concept which will allow you soon to fell better and work for longer period of time without stressing your body.

I'm proud to announce that ICHIBAN will be soon for sale in Japan as well.

happy summer!

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I love Marco's attitude. The next chance I get I'm going to sign up for one of your workshops buddy!

Top Bottom