Masakuni 5 set tool set

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I asked them this question directly at one of the Bonsaiathon shows (I believe in 2016) and was told that over 80% of their product line was at that time made in the US, and they were working to get to 100%. Their background is in CAD/CAM and they started out making aftermarket parts for the auto industry before the pivot to bonsai tools.

Our vision is to have a 100% American-made bonsai product line - our mindset is, if we can do it here in the USA, that's what we do. Any process that we must internationally source is thoroughly vetted to abide by our high standards.
It would be interesting to know if over the past five or six years any progress has been made in that regard. I know the Chinese have not given any consideration to improving relations or treating North American countries with respect. Simple example is kidnapping Canadian citizens, trumping up charges and holding them for ransom to try and leverage return of one of their citizens we arrested on behalf of the United States at their request.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Simple example is kidnapping Canadian citizens, trumping up charges and holding them for ransom to try and leverage return of one of their citizens we arrested on behalf of the United States at their request.
lol.
Now flip the table.

Top Bottom