Master Bonsai Art -2

beijing

Seedling
Reaction score
bonsai-239.jpg

bonsai-240.jpg

bonsai-241.jpg

Please tell more friends, to watch the Chinese bonsai.
Bonsai pictures, free reserved
Thank you for your viewing.

BeiJing Bonsai

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love the trees. I'm not a huge fan of the exposed roots however.

A member of my club had brought in a maple with roots somewhat similar to these trees, though not as exposed. The guest lecturer we had that day, George LeBolt, was critiquing the tree and said one of the funniest things I had ever heard at a meeting:

"Birds are supposed to fly through the tree, not under the tree." :D

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That sounds like George alright. Bnut I agree to a point, point being I have a tree or two with roots similar, but I like those.;)

mcpesq817, did you hear that George passed away recently?

Last edited:

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
mcpesq817, did you hear that George passed away recently?

I did hear that. I had only met him that one time last year, but I was sad to hear the news. He was very passionate about working with Brazilian Rain Trees. He also had this very dry sense of humor which had me cracking up all morning.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I did hear that. I had only met him that one time last year, but I was sad to hear the news. He was very passionate about working with Brazilian Rain Trees. He also had this very dry sense of humor which had me cracking up all morning.

That was definately George. He had some AWESOME raintrees. His collection went to the Montreal Botanical Gardens.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That was definately George. He had some AWESOME raintrees. His collection went to the Montreal Botanical Gardens.

He brought in some slides of his trees - would have loved to have seen them in person. Glad his trees landed in a good place.

Top Bottom