Material I have

Speedy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a/
Don't forget to check ebay for listings of "bonsai seeds" these are a must for fast awesome bonsai down the road.

Just purshase, plant and water. Within a year or two masterpiece bonsai will be your prize. Using superthrive will cut the growout time in half.

Good luck, Al

Bwahahaha!!! Too funny....:D

DannyBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
especialy redwoods and mangroves! for some reason, putting them in a pot and calling them bonsai makes them want to develop into awesome looking giants!

owenislush

Seedling
Reaction score
after a 2 hour drive to a nursery that "specialized in bonsai" ... it turns out all he had were flowers and bedding plants.... which was abit dissapointing.. however, there was a huge garden centre with some great tree's, but they'd need alot of work so I'm going back up sometime soon to see if I can get anything worth buying... and on the job front, I got a second interview for an engineering apprenticeship! so hopefully i'll have money coming in from that. Thanks, Owen.

owenislush

Seedling
Reaction score
well i got the job! ... and i found another nursery and have phoned them and they do sell fully, part and none styled tree's so... im gonna head up there with my first pay packet! thanks for replies ! owen.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
... so... im gonna head up there with my first pay packet! thanks for replies ! owen.

Now be careful,..dont blow all your money on bonsai, and then blame us for telling you to do so.:)

BTW, I just came back from my lunch break, I had to deposit some money in our bank in China Town. On the way back, I spent $35 on what appears to be a Water Jasmine (or Sambac Jasmine), it has a 4 inch lower trunk and will make a great and fat shohin, and $70 on a Fukien Tea, that also has a massive trunk. They will need a complete re-design, but I fell for them, because normally it is very rare to see good examples of bonsai from these species, in the upper echelons of bonsai circles.

Last edited:

DannyBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I nabed another schefflera from a hhardware store, really branchy and nice woody trunk. about 5" tall, lots of aerial roots, should make an amazing mame banyan style! and the thing was on clearance because of those traits, 'cause it wasn't the perfect pencil trunks most houseplant scheffleras are!:D

Top Bottom