Max Braverman- Pine Garden Pottery

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just acquired an old pot by Pine Garden Pottery in Arlington, WA. Anyone familiar with Max Braverman? It was gifted to me so I have no idea of the value, but it's a very nice pot.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yes I have two very nice MB pots. He made some beautiful things, sadly he has passed. My Sugarberry is in one and I got one under my Linden tree that I got this past year.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here is a link to a thread here started by @Brian Van Fleet

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fantastic! I would imagine the pot is quite valuable. I covet my pots and I'm not into making a buck buying and selling, but oddly enough this pot was acquired much the same way, at a yard sale selling off Pop's old bonsai pots for pennies on the dollar. It was given to me for assistance rendered on some bonsai projects. I know she didn't know what she had in her hands and to me it looked like a scruffy old pot, dirty and stained. But it cleaned up real nice and I was able to read the chop and made by stamp. There's also a big signature scrawled across the bottom that I can't quite make out.
I'm very happy to have this very nice piece of Americana in my collection and will cherish it, at least until my wife sells off my stuff at the yard sale. Lol

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
My favorite American potter. I have several that I bought from Max directly at GSBF conventions years ago and more that I've bought or traded for over the years.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Fantastic! I would imagine the pot is quite valuable. I covet my pots and I'm not into making a buck buying and selling, but oddly enough this pot was acquired much the same way, at a yard sale selling off Pop's old bonsai pots for pennies on the dollar. It was given to me for assistance rendered on some bonsai projects. I know she didn't know what she had in her hands and to me it looked like a scruffy old pot, dirty and stained. But it cleaned up real nice and I was able to read the chop and made by stamp. There's also a big signature scrawled across the bottom that I can't quite make out.
I'm very happy to have this very nice piece of Americana in my collection and will cherish it, at least until my wife sells off my stuff at the yard sale. Lol
Well come on man, you can’t drop this thread and include no pix of the pot!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really need a hat tip emoji for these.

From the Mountain.
imagejpeg_1_3.jpgimagejpeg_0_3.jpg

Sorce

Top Bottom