MeanGree Organic Bonsai Fertilizer

Reaction score
I have been using MeanGreen for a few years now and like it very much. You can see the analysis of ingredients on her website. Good ingredients, good consistency, organic smell, etc. In name and look it first seemed very similar to Colin Lewis' GreenDream (and I've wondered about the similarities). I like that you can make cakes with it or use it dry in fertilizer pouches or teabags. Karen Proctor, the owner, also sells a Fall formula. You can see all this on her website. She also makes up cakes (she will also make shohin sized small cakes) if you don't want to do that yourself. I recommend it as a good overall cake fertilizer (I also rotate with other fertilizers throughout the year). I am in no way associated with this product, etc, etc. but giving my opinion about it. I also use Colin Lewis GreenDream and find that to be an effective fertilizer also.
John Romano

aredsfan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks John,

Thats what I wanted to know. Ive been using green dream, but its getting to be more expensive now. Im going to order some later. andrew

ginger

Sapling
Reaction score
The fertilizer I use is free and I carry it with me so when I need it it is just a bucket and some water away from my bonsai.:eek: It's 59% urea too!

___ginger

Last edited:

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I used MeanGreen this year (both the spring and fall) and have been happy with it. I didn't buy the cakes but bought the mix, which was easy to prepare and apply. The best part about it is the lack of smell - I was worried about stinking up the neighborhood, but for whatever reason, this stuff doesn't have a strong smell. Plus, the vendors are nice people. So, I highly recommend it.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Has anyone bought any of this product lately?
I've used it in the past and have been pleased with the results, so I ordered a 5lb bag of the summer fertilizer over a week ago but haven't heard anything from them about receiving my order or when it might be shipped. I sent them an email asking them what was up with the order but haven't heard back yet. I'm not panicking yet, just would like to know if anyone has bought some meangreen recently

rock

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Contact page has Telephone

Website last updated...Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:15:41 PM
always makes you wonder

good luck

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Contact page has Telephone

Website last updated...Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:15:41 PM
always makes you wonder

good luck

Yeah the last website update date had me wondering before I bought it, but I have bought some in person at the Mid Atlantic show since then so I wasn't all that concerned. I also bought it through paypal which does have some protection too
I'll give them a call I guess thanks

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I knew if I posted here I would either have the stuff waiting for me when I got home or I would receive something from the website.
Sure enough, I just received an email from Karen saying my order is shipping ASAP

Reaction score
Glad it worked out Fanghorn.
I've never had a problem with Karen and have been ordering for myself and my students for a good 5+ years now. Occasionally she may get low on stock and has to make more but usually she has enough in stock. Small cottage industry - great stuff!
John

Top Bottom