Meet George...

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Artsy-crafsy and provocative! Very avant garde... Let's see some trees similarly inspired?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Alas, there is quirky good and quirky bad. For instance, I see a lot of very bad Literati here (and everywhere else, too) that have not one shred of grace. Potatoes with leaves, too. They can be gnarled and twisted and broken and still have a grace that comes with evident great age and difficulty of life, but that is not automatic. It need to be crafted. This is evident in the fact that we are see lots of beat-up trees in nature, but the beautiful ones stick out like sore thumb because they have that special something.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Forsoothe! Since you were asking for trees. I'm sure you are familiar with my Ginkgo. So not sharing it.

I don't have a literati for that very reason. It's hard to pull off.
Needs a better pot. But even Valavanis says he loves this tree. (Weeping Ryusen Maple) He even gave me guidance on where it's at now.
Grew it from basically a stump with no branches. Back in 2014 spring when it had significant dieback. IMG_20200309_102825596~2.jpg
Might be to tame.

This one has a cool base. Attempting to wire with burnt fingers so it's a slow and steady. Working through pain. Until I end up with a headache. But that base. Is cool.
(Turtleback Trident clump in a commissioned Sam Miller pot.)

IMG_20200315_122301574~2.jpg

I also have this guy. Tigerbark ficus... He's a chunky monkey. Clearly not the best angle. Just what I have on the phone camera.

IMG_20200120_152806925~2.jpg

I have a potato too. 🤣
An olive...FB_IMG_1584292525177.jpg
Lastly the forsythia exposed root... thickening the roots a bit more.
FB_IMG_1584292726549.jpg
FB_IMG_1584292708401.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Alas, there is quirky good and quirky bad. For instance, I see a lot of very bad Literati here (and everywhere else, too) that have not one shred of grace. Potatoes with leaves, too. They can be gnarled and twisted and broken and still have a grace that comes with evident great age and difficulty of life, but that is not automatic. It need to be crafted. This is evident in the fact that we are see lots of beat-up trees in nature, but the beautiful ones stick out like sore thumb because they have that special something.
Oh...and this 10" bald cypress. A bit different than the norm.
FB_IMG_1584297343677~2.jpg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Oh...and this 10" bald cypress. A bit different than the norm.
View attachment 289083
This one will one day be a wonderful weeper! The soft foliage lends itself to weeping, and I'm now surprised that I have never seen one that was styled this way. Good Show!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just when you thought searching Dav4 saying "bovine" can only lead one place, there is a thread called Bovine Yamadori.

Surely worth a read as Per Sir Pall.

I told Darlene I want to give her some of my Rustic Vase decor, so I'm just sneaking over here to share some things, looking for opinions, and opening the door for dibs of course!

I will make 6 from now on, I think a full circle would be sweet.

This is a buff clay marbled with my Red river Clay fired to cone 8. It melts the river rock/sand pellets so wonderfully!

_DSC0143.JPG

_DSC0145.JPG

_DSC0144.JPG

Sorce

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
we are see lots of beat-up trees in nature, but the beautiful ones stick out like sore thumb because they have that special something.
Agreed. Making a decent tree is something many can do. Making a memorable tree however takes something extra

Top Bottom