Meeting Nuts in person...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Soldano666
Sounds good!

Any time you know will be spent, getting over charged for movies at the hotel, let me know, if this schedule works out, I can grab you!

Keep me posted!

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bill Valvanis
Suthin
Owen Reich
John Romano
Walter Pall
Dav4
Adair M
Vance Wood
Coh
whfarro
Mach5
NYbonsai
F1pt4
Chuah
October (older member doesn't post any more)
Two others that I can remember their names (don't post any more)

I think that's it

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Well if any of you guys are ever in Spain I may stand a chance at meeting a nut.
Beer is always cold at least.

Don't think they hold many major international events in Alicante though, I could be wrong.

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@GailC I would meet you just because of your avatar image.

Last night I saw at least two nutters at the Mirai Live launch party. I'm guessing in total there were at least seven bnut members there. Some are lurkers who read but rarely post.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got to visit amkhalid and one of his buddies a few years back, very cool.
Last summer driving home from Colorado stopped in at Dan W's place, also very cool. Quick midnight tour by headlamp. Dan is probably still laughing at the sight of us hoping around on one foot in the dark! Makes good coffee too, kept us going through the night.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
lol, yeah this place is a hotbed for bonsai and some amazing artists amongst them but Alicante is a bit out of the way so unless they hold a big show here and not Madrid or the islands I probably wont be able to get to it.

Funny thing is the Alicante or maybe it was the Sant Joan bonsai club used to meet two doors down from our old house, literally a 30 second walk away. I was oblivious to it and only got interested after we moved.
Don't think there are many bnutters around though, Saizan I think is the only one I know of but not met as of yet. I don't get out much. :p

Also cool vids, bookmarked.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Ugh you really can't get out of this hobby.

As of now I don't have any trees, but I'm still interested in the hobby. Trying to save money and (eventually) move out. Once I get a place of my own I'll start buying trees again. Starting a new job, so that's going to be my focus for now. In the meantime, I'm going to be eyeing Suthin's Ficus to see which I want to drop a small fortune on ;)

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
My list is short:
Brian Van Fleet (good friend, great mentor, amazing talent, introduce me to this forum)
Camdenjim (met through out local group, also good friend)
Zach Smith (met Zach because of this forum, worked with him on a BC and couple other trees, great guy and hope to work with him again)
GastroGnome (remarkable knowledge and always willing to help, great trees)
Pjkatich (met briefly at Nashville show couple of years ago, impressive and talented)
garywood (so knowledgeable and helpful)
Owen Reich (have met Owen numerous places and worked with Owen)
AdairM (first met Adair at Carolina Expo also at Plant City, worked with Adair also, very helpful and talented)
johng (first met in Asheville at Carolina Expo, amazing talent and artistic eye, great BC but also beautiful azaleas)
hometownrocker (met in Birmingham at our local show, very talented)
Bill Valvanis (met very briefly at Nashville show couple of years ago but so brief doubt he would recall)

Hoping to go to Atlanta show this Sunday and maybe meeting some more there.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I would LOVE to get back into shohin, I miss this little tree a whole lot...

Attachments

• 20160707_171734.jpg
    20160707_171734.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom