Meeting Nuts in person...

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I haven't met anyone from on here. The closest I got was once when I went to visit my brother in WA. I stopped in at Elanden Gardens, knowing that Victrinia Ridgeway (who used to frequent the forum awhile ago) spent a lot of time there. Dan Robinson said she was was at a club meeting elsewhere at that moment. I stayed and got to talk bonsai with him for awhile, which was pretty surreal for me.

Being a staying-mostly-at-home dad to a couple of INSANEly crazy toddler boys now, I don't get out much. And I don't think there are many other b-nutters in Utah anyway.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I have to say that this forum has been a huge wealth of information for me. I can't imagine if I started bonsai a few decades ago how much harder it would be to figure things out.

Clubs are great but because I cannot regularly attend meetings and events it's hard to bond with members and get information when I need it. I've improved a lot both horticultural and with development techniques. Once the bnut shirts are out I will wear it time for time so nutters can spot me in public.

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I would LOVE to get back into shohin, I miss this little tree a whole lot...
Saw this tree on Ebay this morning...thought about your comment above

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-16-08-48-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-16-08-48-09.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 38

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Saw this tree on Ebay this morning...thought about your comment above

How have I missed that one?! I search for Ficus bonsai and filter to the newest listed. Hmmm.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks to good Nuts I been drinking less!
;)

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Was just playin'. People in rehab are dull.;)

I'm just happy I don't have to drink so much!

With me....it's drink, smoke, or die!

I just like smoking better than drinking!

Sorce

P.S.
I'm a forward thinker...
Never a straight one!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
In support of @Redwood Ryan

We should all refrain from buying his stuff ever again!

Or replying to his for sale posts at all!

Thank you!

Sorce
I admit to being as dense as a door half the time and just as thick the rest of the time but what did Redwood Ryan do to to gain this massive approval. If it is nothing but a joke and it were me I would not be amused, I would be pissed. If it is not a Joke what the "F" happened?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I admit to being as dense as a door half the time and just as thick the rest of the time but what did Redwood Ryan do to to gain this massive approval. If it is nothing but a joke and it were me I would not be amused, I would be pissed. If it is not a Joke what the "F" happened?

Ryan has quit for like the 6th time recently.....

Sold his tools, now he has to buy them again...

I can't let him do that to himself anymore!

It's a joke, but it's not a joke!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
No offense intended to people who have been in/are in rehab.
Really have to point out something. When you decide to call someone an ass-hole it is really difficult to justify the deed with an apology saying: Im sorry--you're an asshole.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Really have to point out something. When you decide to call someone an ass-hole it is really difficult to justify the deed with an apology saying: Im sorry--you're an asshole.
Down here you would just say, "Ryan decided to pick up bonsai again, bless his heart..."

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Some times you get a bit weary of saying goodby, and hello to the same person time after time. Sometimes you just want to say: Make up your bleeding mind already or not. Just joking or not. It's kind of like a Beetles song.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If i didn't have 3 kids I would have met half of you all already . ...

It's not easy having a family some time's .

Iv learned so much from all of you.

Thanks every one!

Top Bottom