Member search by USDA zone

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Apologies if this function already exists and I’m just unable to find it.

Was wondering today what other Bnutters were in the same hardiness zone as me to better filter for more relevant information for beginners like me.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For now, maybe just make a note if you see somebody in the same zone as you

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hardiness zones are only a measure of the average annual minimum temperature. They are somewhat useful, but do not paint an overall picture of one's climate. Your summer temperatures can get up to 100 degrees, whereas a zone 6a along the Pacific Coast may only see summer highs in the mid 80's. I would put more faith in the advice of those people in a climate similar to your own.

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hardiness zones are only a measure of the average annual minimum temperature. They are somewhat useful, but do not paint an overall picture of one's climate. Your summer temperatures can get up to 100 degrees, whereas a zone 6a along the Pacific Coast may only see summer highs in the mid 80's. I would put more faith in the advice of those people in a climate similar to your own.
Fair point. There seems to be enough commonality, though, that the ability to better reference would be worthwhile.

Top Bottom